GavinoGambino

GavinoGambino

Oct 14, 2014
Twin Cities
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Headed up to Duluth this weekend for a full Saturday hunt. I started at Lester Park where there used to be big dances and picnics 100 years ago but i found absolutely nothing but garbage, almost positive someones dug there before. After Lester I went to Chester Park where they used to attract thousands in the early 1900's for ski jumping competitions and again, nothing. Although the area i wanted to hunt was now a swampy mess with heavily grown over rushes.

Towards the end of the day I wanted to try one little tiny, tiny park and finally I found a site that hadn't been hunted and it was great! Ended up with 2 wheats, 1 Merc, 1 Silver Rosie, 1 1972 Kenendy Half and the big find...my first V Nickel! A 1907. Ive got to go back up there soon so hopefully Ill have more good news to report on.

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, I would love to get some permissions on the older part of town. I would go with you but I work weekends thats why Toad always goes to the good spots on the weekends. lol

daveoster

Greenie
Jan 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone ever hunted Duluth? Im not curious about parkpoint, but more curious about the million parks they have up there, anyone had luck?

A few years ago I was at a park near Lake Superior and found a 1912 Barber dime in real nice condition. I haven't found much (1 old wheat penny and a nice copper nugget at the edge of the river) at Lester park.

CW1979

Mar 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm from the duluth superior area and would like to meet some other folks in the area. I just purchased my 1st detector and looking forward to future explorations

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm from the duluth superior area and would like to meet some other folks in the area. I just purchased my 1st detector and looking forward to future explorations

Awesome you got your first detector! What did you end up getting?

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am just south of you if you want a partner anytime let me know.

CW1979

Mar 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome you got your first detector! What did you end up getting?

I got a Garrett AT Pro. I talked to a lot of people and they said it was a really good starter.

CW1979

Mar 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am just south of you if you want a partner anytime let me know.

Where are you located? I could definitely use some pointers. I went out to Wrenshall on Saturday, but the area I was planning on detecting was still pretty frozen.

greaser

Oct 21, 2014
minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in sturgeon lake, yeah unless it is sand and in full sun you are still going to hit frost.

TimInMN

Aug 6, 2016
Cloquet, Minnesota
Detector(s) used
XJ9-3050
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm also new and live in Cloquet. I know this town well and have some ideas. Would love to get out with others to learn the hobby better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread