Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Plainsmen, I live in the St Cloud area and I used to go to city parks. Now I detect on a college campus (started in 1869) with no problems. My main detecting areas are where old streets are torn up in old neighborhoods for new streets, curbs, and sidewalks. The best place is between the curb & the sidewalk whether they are there or already torn out. Another good area is where old buildings are torn down and after they level the ground. I've been detecting for a long time....I'm not a pro but I do quite well. As for your son? Parks and playgrounds are great, mostly in any type of sandbox.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
When spring break rolls around, come to Texas. I'll take you to find artifacts, either native american, Spanish, Texan or whatever interests your son. We can even go pan some gold on the Llano and I'll treat you to the best BBQ in Texas, Coopers in Llano... Spring has sprung here and days are in the 70's and 80's.

OP
OP
P

Plainsmen

Greenie
Mar 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welp... hit a local park for few hours. Holy moly for trash... but here's todays finds:

20160312_141626-1.jpg

I can say I certainly know what pennies sound like in my machine now! Haha...

Cool square forged nail though.

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice going! As far as where to go if you can find a home built in the 50's(family member or friend) you have a good chance at finding some silver coins and usually way less trash in yards(farms can be pretty trashy though). Make sure you guys dig clean neat plugs and you probably won't get harassed, have fun!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread