Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
Gypsy-- thanks for the info. I actually take this route to several remote sites
for work.Haven't noticed this site , but very remote and if not looking for this exact spot
would not see it.if I detect it, I'll let you know!!

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I hope you guys get to take a swing at it...these old towns are getting harder and harder to find..or else off limits to hunt.....Go hunt it and post all your pics of the area also....Good Luck ! :)

melnatcat

Mar 9, 2005
Central Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would love to make a day of it! Anybody interested? I have also done research on Mavie. But if I remember right, there was not much left...maybe a foundation or two.

northerner

Oct 20, 2007
Hello-I am new to this and live in Canada near INternational Falls,MN-I have been detecting for 5 years and yes I have been to Craigville-It is a very out of the way place with several old buildings left.Not much use in detecting there lots of trash but if your interested in 1940-50s whiskey bottle then you'll have a blast. There are several houses there on the location of the old bar/brothel. I was lucky enough that the day I arrived the owner was there and allowed us to detect-no great finds with the detector but had fun dump digging.

oldhippiecoinhntr

Nov 25, 2007
Hi everyone. I am very new to this site. I was introduced to it, by a very close friend, Clarence Bertram. I have been interested in metal detecting for more than 10 years. Clarence was a fellow worker, who upon finding out my interest took me along one day in early June, and showed me how to use the machine. I was hooked, and have been a serious metal detectorist since. I am the friend who mentioned Craigville to him. My mother-in-law was born there, raised in the logging camps, and cooked in same in early part of her young life.

I just registered on here tonight. But I bring bad news. On Sept 1, 2007 Clarence Bertram was trajically killed in a motorcycle accident. The evening before, Clarence and I had been out searching a new site for coins. On the way home from coin hunting that nite, we talked of how we were thankfull for every day we had on earth, as tommorrow could be our last. How that conversation came back to me, on hearing of his death the next day. He was my best friend, I still miss him. I do not know how many of you here knew him? If there is another place to mention his passing on this site, so that others who might have known him will be made aware of his passing, I hope someone will post it there. Rest in Peace Clarence.

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I am very sorry to hear about Clarence. We had exchanged a few emails about the site. He seemed very enthused about metal detecting and exploring some of the ghost towns. My condolences to you ....losing a best friend has got to be very hard.
I hope you stay with us here at Tnet. Its a great place to be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread