Minnesota Tnetters Please Check IN

dfxdude

Jun 29, 2004
Wilmont, MN
Detector(s) used
White's DFX (2) V3i(1)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually go to a luncheon the 1st Wednesday of every month for IBM Retirees that we have in Mounds View, a northern suburb of the Twin Cities. I passed it up yesterday because one of the retirees lost his father and wouldn't be attending and my late afternoon dinner engagement was called off because the other party possibly had strep throat. I would have crossed the bridge at 11 AM northbound, and again about 1:30 PM southbound, which was about 5 hrs before the collapse.

Butch / Renville, MN

Scribe

Feb 18, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm good. I was out of town and just got back into the state this morning.

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm okay too! Thanks for asking.
As many times as I cross the Mississippi river either in the Twin City area, or into Wisconsin or Iowa, that bridge was one of the few that I would have expected to see fail.

cottonjim

Jan 12, 2007
S.W. MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I was on my way to the Twins game at the exact time of the colapse. Luckily for me I was coming up 35W North from 494. Two sundays ago I drove over that bridge on my way to the game against the Angels, only difference that time is I was coming from my parents house and not from home. I live 2 1/2 hours away from the cities but I'm a rabid Twins/Vikings/Timberwolves/Wild fan so I go to a lot of games up there. Kind of creeped me out thinking that I had just gone over that bridge with 3 of my kids in the car.

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Glad to see you and your family are ok. That had to be scary knowing you had just crossed it.

melnatcat

Mar 9, 2005
Central Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are okay here too. Luckily my husband was on vacation that week. He said he sometimes crossed the bridge to load and unload points. My daughter was in the hospital in labor that day, and a nurse came in to tell us to watch the news, the bridge collapsed.

Our prayers are with those who lost loved ones.

Melnatcat

El_Capitan

Jul 26, 2007
we are fortunate this wasn't worse than it could have been. I am a firefighter/diver for a local department that was initially called for the rescue efforts. Amazing to see it at that scale. I had several friends that had just crossed that before the collapse coming from work.

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Well....nice to hear from you scragglers! :)
And our salutes to you El Capitan forall you and the rescue FF's do to help all of us each day!

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
gypsyheart said:
Wetgreenie said:
Here I am................ better late than never. :-\

About time too! Nice to see you, where you been? :)

Oh, I've been around here and there although,
I did take a month off (right after the Bridge collapse)
to get acquainted with Bill W. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread