Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If anyone is close to South Minneapolis there was excavation work done for an apartment complex right across the street from the 1820s military encampment.
Now the encampment Camp Coldwater is absolutely off limits, its a national park, but across the street the apartment complex is built and open and all the dirt is just hanging out there. Might be a good place to check out when the thaw hits.
If it’s still there when the Equinox arrives I might just have to run a it over the pile.
Here’s some info on the site:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coldwater_Spring#Camp_Coldwater

Capone

Apr 28, 2017
MINNESOTA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone is close to South Minneapolis there was excavation work done for an apartment complex right across the street from the 1820s military encampment.
Now the encampment Camp Coldwater is absolutely off limits, its a national park, but across the street the apartment complex is built and open and all the dirt is just hanging out there. Might be a good place to check out when the thaw hits.
If it’s still there when the Equinox arrives I might just have to run a it over the pile.
Here’s some info on the site:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coldwater_Spring#Camp_Coldwater

I'll go with you! I'm itching to find thawed ground.

OP
OP
W

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you guys have luck there?

I ended up never going. THis whole summer I've been dealing with some family health problems, and finally getting out for only the 4th or 5th time this summer tomorrow.
here is a screen shot of the area, the dirt sits in these trees where the new apartment complex is. I don't know why it's still there?? it's where the dropped pin is, just right of the Fischer House
View attachment 1626543

OP
OP
W

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax