CaptainMorgan

Mar 4, 2007
Western Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Titan 3000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Staci,
Sorry I missed your post and hope you found a good place to detect. I also have the Garrett ACE 250 along with a Titan 3000. I'm about 40 miles east of the Twin Cities. I'm only 15 miles into Wisconsin, so for club purposes I think Minnesota would be more accomodating to me(does it help I'm also a Vikings Twins fan everyone ;D). Let me know if you are ever in the TC area again because like you say"It's always funner to have a buddy to detect with".
I'm not to familiar with a good place to detect over there though. I'm originally from Anoka and rarely ventured into the Minneapolis/St. Paul area to coin shoot.
Jim

dfxdude

Jun 29, 2004
Wilmont, MN
Detector(s) used
White's DFX (2) V3i(1)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Stacy, haven't talked to you in a while. I've hit various spots in Mpls/St. Paul over the past 4 years, but can't think of any REAL hot spots. Lots of MD'ers there, especially on the lake beaches like Calhoun, etc. I found my 1st Buffalo nickel at the beach at Lake Calhoun. Had good luck at the softball fields (Bossen) around Lake Nokomis near the concession stand area. Just about every place will yield something, it just depends on how many have hit it first. I have better luck in the outlying areas where there are less MD'ers and more virgin ground.

DFXDon

Aug 27, 2007
West St. Paul Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision V3i, GMT, and X-Terra 705, Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Staci
I also missed your request for hot spots in the Twin Cities I did send you a inquire on the hunting in the DL area.
The Twin cities have a lot of schools and playgrounds that will produce clad, But a lot of the good spots for older coins are off limits to us for our purpose If I hear of any good spots I will let you know for trips down the road.
Detecting

coinking

Sep 24, 2007
Bemidji, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Good evening, Stacy. Hope I can't get yelled at for changing the topic, but I noticed the Ace 250, and was thinking of getting one this year for Christmas. How do you like it?? (I'm new to these forums, and just stumbled into the Minnesota portion tonight - got a lot of reading to do!)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread