Now that Snow is here.......

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
what do You do to keep busy during the non-detecting months???
Any new detectors before next Year??
Was this last season best ever??? or worse??

I will be spending more time with Ham radio related projects. This season
was not good for Metal detecting for Me. Had some physical issues
and could not Detect hardly at all.
I hope to be OK for next season-- I'm still using My Garrett 2500 and
am happy with it. Well maybe not the weight..... >:(
Happy Holidays , enjoy the Snow!!!!

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
I feel your pain....

It's that time again....time to pull out the battery and pack the detector away.
I had such high hopes for some good finds this year but am already finding interesting spots for the next time I can get out. So, I guess that's what I will be doing...research and cleaning clad mostly.

I have some clean your own roman coins that I work on occasionally. It's been a l;ong wait. I have been soaking for almost two years and am not seeing much detail coming. I guess I got some old bronze disks encased in 1800 yr old dirt.

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
When it gets too frozen for me to hunt i do research for the spring. ill actually drive out and scout where i think would be good spots. Winter i think only enhances my hunting ability because i get to thoroughly research possible hunting spots.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Well, I may have a few more weeks of some decent weather.....unless the snow comes (ha..yeah, like that will happen here :-\)...

But this Winter I plan to put a website together of the Pipsico Hunts and compile all the data researched, found, etc and all those involved and get ready to start working on a book. I will cut my work hours back too after the holidays. (I work in a grocery store....so it's easy for me to do that).....

And plan to research more newspapers and find interesting articles and continue on my genealogical research...doing some for some folks on TNet...so I need to get back into it...

So....for a book title: "Pipsico: The Forgotten Jamestown Settlement".....or "Pipsico: The Mysteries of the James River Early Settlers"....or "Pipsico: The Land, The People, The History"....hmmmm....just can't decide.

All those who attended the hunts will be credited in the book with photos, etc...

So, this Winter proves to be a busy one for me :):):)

Happy Hunting while the weather is still good...
Annmarie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions