Research tool?

57sauce

Dec 3, 2007
Rochester, MN
My name is Matt, new to the hobby and to TN. I guess I got into the hobby at the wrong time now that there is 6" of snow on the ground. But I figured I have 6 months to think of were to go. I'm down in Rochester any thoughts on a good place to get your feet wet?

I also came across this sight http://www.forgottenmn.com/?region=index not a lot of towns listed and most Up north.

Any help appreciated
Matt

dfxdude

Jun 29, 2004
Wilmont, MN
Detector(s) used
White's DFX (2) V3i(1)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matt:
Perhaps you should check out the local metal detecting club.

Zumbro Valley Treasure Hunters Club
Rochester, MN
They meet the 2nd Wednesday of the Month at 7:30 PM at Plummer House (across Hwy 52 from the Apache Mall) according to their site ad.

MPFISH

May 2, 2006
minnesota
HI matt i am from roch also what part of town are you in?a friend who metal detects lives just two door down from me. check out minnesota place names it is an intrusting site. pm me we can get to gether.
.......mpfish...mike

OP
OP
57sauce

57sauce

Dec 3, 2007
Rochester, MN
lol figures they hold their meetings on the one night a week I work evenings... Maybe I can get someone to cover for me.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
metal detecting is like fishing, learn how to use your equipment, find a promising site, and have patience, it's well worth the wait. have a good one, from a transplanted Minnesotan

redfox33

Tenderfoot
Nov 8, 2007
Hi Matt, I'am John and i do belong to the Zumbro Valley MD club. Its nice to get together with these guys as they have lots of info from years gone by. We also have club hunts and last spring we went to a old sod fort that was used during the indian uprising. I usally get out most thursdays (day off) and will be glad to introduce you to the club or just go pinning some day. Just keep going it gets better. my third year now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread