New Guy

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Welcome to Tnet! I am sure you will find many helpful people here and TONS of helpful information as you browse through! So glad you joined us!

puckpack

Greenie
Dec 2, 2007
Lakeville, MN
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Good to see another new guy, I am one too!

Did you purchase the MXT off of Craigslist? I was looking at a used one there but it was sold by the time I made up my mind.

Sean

OP
OP
F

Fin

Tenderfoot
May 1, 2008
I did. Had it listed for $500. Got it for $350. Figured it was a good deal and it seems to work fine.

puckpack said:
Good to see another new guy, I am one too!

Did you purchase the MXT off of Craigslist? I was looking at a used one there but it was sold by the time I made up my mind.

Sean

OP
OP
F

Fin

Tenderfoot
May 1, 2008
Will do. Last night was the first 15 minute try, found a nickle and a bunch of junk. Tough finding time right now. Good luck on your MD search.

OP
OP
F

Fin

Tenderfoot
May 1, 2008
A 45 minute hunt at a local football field yielded $3.80 in clad and a hockey pin. Back in my younger years this would have been over the minimum wage. Seems to be pretty easy to use so far.

sweetmusicj

Apr 30, 2008
Newbie here. Got my ACE 250 last night. Went out to a new park, so wasn't hopeing for much, and didn't get much, but got some valuable "alone time" to get to "know my machine better"...lol. Got a lot of pop cans, they rang up as dimes on my ACE 250. Found a penny. Machine was getting pretty deep though which was nice to see.

Anywho...

puckpack

Greenie
Dec 2, 2007
Lakeville, MN
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
You are making me jealous! :D Every time I hear a truck go by I run to the window to see if the big brown truck is here. I cannot wait until the detector is here!

sweetmusicj, glad to hear that your Ace came and the ebay listing was legit!

Sean

redfox33

Tenderfoot
Nov 8, 2007
i used a ace250 for a couple years now. also have a white. the ace usually will show pop tops close to nickle but listen carefully to the beep. if it is solid and deffinate dig it. if its sketchy leave it. also try scanning it at 90degree angle and see if you get strong signal.
sweetmusicj said:
Newbie here. Got my ACE 250 last night. Went out to a new park, so wasn't hopeing for much, and didn't get much, but got some valuable "alone time" to get to "know my machine better"...lol. Got a lot of pop cans, they rang up as dimes on my ACE 250. Found a penny. Machine was getting pretty deep though which was nice to see.

Anywho...

Bendiggin

Jun 25, 2007
Hi Fin!!!!

Glad you are liking that MXT. I purchased one about three years ago and love it. I go to AZ in the winter so can detect year around. The best investment I made after purchasing the MXT was to buy Jeff Foster's book "The MXT Edge". It will make you and expert on the MXT.

Keep your coil on the soil.
Ben

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread