WWII GERMAN CIGARETTE TOBACCO PHOTO BOOK/ALBUM w/ BOX&JACKET-A. HITLER---SOLD!

OhDannyBoy

Jan 13, 2010
Central Virginia,
Detector(s) used
Fisher's CZ - still running strong after about 15 years!
WWII GERMAN CIGARETTE TOBACCO PHOTO BOOK/ALBUM w/ BOX&JACKET-A. HITLER---SOLD!

((Sold for $268. Ebay let me squeak it on there.)) SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE PHOTOS. Guaranteed Authentic w/ original box & original dust jacket! It is exceedingly tough to find this book in such complete and near mint condition as this one (complete with the ORIGINAL BOX and the ORIGINAL DUST JACKET)... and, yes, it has all the original photo/cards (none missing!). This one is in a class by itself - as if it was rarely even read but just stored for the last 75 years. I have been watching the internet and Ebay for several months now and will occasionally find one for sale by itself in suffering to fair condition selling from $250 to $400. Not only did it originally come with a dust jacket but a cardboard box as well and this one still shows faint signs, if you look closely, where it once was ink-stamped in German "#15, Adolph Hitler" (you can't read it but you can see some of the faint ink - see the photo depicting the side of the box between the two staples). You will never have to upgrade if you own this one as the condition is superb (book, jacket sleeve & box). The orange book itself is in like new condition and leads off with a big bold full page print of Adolf Hitler (propaganda)....

Printed in Germany in 1936 by a Cigarette Company, it contains each photo pasted to its designated pages. Just as kids of today would collect baseball cards, so folks during WWII would send in for cards or photos from their cigarette packs and try to complete such a book as this one. A grim chapter of world history is touched on here and in no way is this listing a personal endorsement or statement of political or social views. This big orange WW2 German propaganda book reveals many details of Adolph Hitler's mind-boggling power surge! The book itself measures 9.5" x 12.25" and is in wonderful condition along with the dust jacket and the original box. If you can't read German then don't worry -- the approx. 205 wonderful condition photos will keep your attention riveted to each page (133). As long as I have owned this one, I have never seen another offered anywhere in as nice and as complete original condition as this one (needless to say, an investment piece!). I recently saw someone on Ebay pricing one not as nice as this one for $1,000. before it got kicked off Ebay. Currently if you do a search on Ebay for "Hitler photo album" you will find one for $550. without the box and jacket and in poor condition (take a look before it gets booted off Ebay). Last year I read an article where one of these was uncovered in England with the dust jacket but no mention of the original box to go with it... (you can find the story by doing a google search for " The Sun Swas-sticker By JAMIE PYATT "). Please include $7 for Media Mail domestic s/h (approx. 7 working days for delivery). This one can definitely hold it's own in a high-end WWII history display. If you would like it shipped internationally, please inquire as to s/h rates first by letting me know the country you would like it to be shipped to... (Money Order, Check or Paypal accepted and will be shipped upon funds clearing.) Also, I just took time to list a few German medals at Bonanza dot com under the name " dangoodstuff " for any of you that might be interested. Thanks for stopping by...

Attachments

• b18.jpg
    b18.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,932
  • b21.jpg
    b21.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 782
  • b22.jpg
    b22.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 638
  • b23.jpg
    b23.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 581
  • b28.jpg
    b28.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 703
  • b29.jpg
    b29.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 681
  • b30.jpg
    b30.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 601
  • b31.jpg
    b31.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 571
  • b32.jpg
    b32.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 554
  • b33.jpg
    b33.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 644
  • b34.jpg
    b34.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 586
  • b38.jpg
    b38.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 613
OP
OP
OhDannyBoy

OhDannyBoy

Jan 13, 2010
Central Virginia,
Detector(s) used
Re: WWII GERMAN CIGARETTE TOBACCO PHOTO BOOK/ALBUM w/ BOX&JACKET-Hitler,nazi,WW2!

Ebay has one of these ("Hitler photo album") for $550. in fair condition but were I to try and put mine on there I guarantee you it would be yanked off the first day!! Does anyone else get the feeling that maybe Ebay favors those with high feedback by turning a blind eye to their own guidelines?

I was wrong!! Ebay left it alone for one week... sold for $268.

OP
OP
OhDannyBoy

OhDannyBoy

Jan 13, 2010
Central Virginia,
Detector(s) used
Re: WWII GERMAN CIGARETTE TOBACCO PHOTO BOOK/ALBUM w/ BOX&JACKET-Hitler,nazi,WW2!

...SOLD this one.... but, I have one more similar photo-propaganda-book to list soon that will include the even rarer color photo/cards!

Thanks for stopping by...

OP
OP
OhDannyBoy

OhDannyBoy

Jan 13, 2010
Central Virginia,
Detector(s) used

As one of you requested via email, I have now updated this ad with the sale price ($268).
I have one more similar photo-propaganda-book to list soon that will include the even rarer color photo/cards!

...for anyone interested it will be posted first at Bonanza.com, then here!

Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread