Idea against the scammers out here

PAPPYGOL

May 15, 2008
niles ohio
Detector(s) used
grand master hunter cx2 ,,. , fisher 1235x 1236x2, 2 coin computers, garrett freedom 3.
even the scanned id could be fake, i wouldnt count on that for security, a phone number from them is better, call it and have a chat, then google the name and see if the phone number and address matches, if all is ok with that, your still taking a chance, no matter what you do. you can get ripped off. its terrible to believe the world is so over full of dishonest people that only want to take advantage of the good ones. feedback from other members that have dealt with other members is the best way to go. your chances for an honest deal will be the best..,,, and for those of you who dont know, if you pay through paypal for an item, first make sure they are a verified member, and if you use the (gift) option, thats just what it is,a gift, if you get taken, there are no actions you can take with paypal to get your money back,, if the seller wants you to pay the fee for paypal to get the item at a certain price, pay it, then if something happens, you have at least 1 leg to stand on., i dont mean any offense, this is just my opinion

S

stefen

When a person states he is selling for a friend...its an instant RED FLAG...run don't walk

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stephen,
Not true. I just sold a detector for a friend. Better to see how long a person has been around by his or her no of posts.
I try not to deal with folks who have less than 50 posts. In the past I stated this in an ad for something I was selling and I had about 50% of the people jump all over me for saying it and 50% who were fully supportive.
My advice to ALL. If you sell something or buy something and have a POSITIVE experience, change the title of your ad when it is complete to something like "Coinshooter is an HONEST GUY" or " Another good transaction completed with Coinshooter". That way, people know that these folks are good sellers that can be trusted.

Locozilla

May 1, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Ace 250
White's TRX
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I make a living selling and buying on-line, so I have to deal with this crap A LOT, it is VERY unfortunate to say the least that there are people out there who can sleep at night taking someone's hard earned money. the one tool I use a lot as a on-line buyer and seller is when I am on craigslist (other sites too, but craigslist is the worse lol) is I use the tool Escrow.com, some scammers will go all out and make a site that looks IDENTICAL to that site too so even that is getting stupid, but when you make a transaction there is a easy way to tell, just look at the hsot address it is pointing to and make sure its actually pointing to escrow.com and if it is, your golden. I love Escrow.com because the person literally does NOT get the money until the buyer actually receives the item and verifies its correct. basically buyer pays escrow.com, escrow.com verifies payment and makes sure its of full amount, escrow.com then tells seller, payment is good, send item, selling sends item with shipping confirmation a tracking info, they submit said info to escrow.com, escrow.com can then tell the shipment was made, buyer then receives item, escrow.com see's that buyer receives item, buyer has 2 days to inspect item and release money or to say "hey this is not the item i paid for" if they do not say anything then payment is automtically released to seller. but if they do go in within 2 days and say hey this is not right, then process starts over again with package going BACK to seller and money is then returned back to buyer after seller recieved package back.

Seems complicated lol, but really it isnt that hard to understand and use. the only bad thing about it, is there is a 25% fee attached to it. it can eitehr be full 25% paid by seller, full 25% paid buy buyer or 12.5% by both. its a hefty fee, but also gives full peace of mind. I can see paying through paypal and paying the 3.25% fee being better for most items, but if you get ripped off paypal disputes can last for months, escrow.com its handled in 2-4 days. Either way I wish people would just be honest ffs.

just my 2c =]

-DT

K Zack

Feb 2, 2012
West Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have made a living on line now for 3 years.
Bad luck took me out of line construction, to young to retire, won't take welfare!!!!
We have our own website and also sell on many other sites, I am a top rated seller on ebay.
I will accept cash in hand, paypal or google. Nothing Else!!!!
I have never bought or sold anything from this site, but if they won't take paypal? No Deal!!!
There are a lot of Scammers out there, Be careful. If you have even the slightest thought that something is Not right? Walk away.
Happy Hunting
Kevin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions