Repackaging and Adding

goldeagle

Jun 28, 2009
THE EAST COAST
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,EXCAL-II
Re: Silver Stash For Sale

wow,it is down almost a dollar now to 35.79 so you might need to come down a little more,are you intersted in a trade? gold or some older notes?

OP
OP
M

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Re: Silver Stash For Sale

silver stash is still for sale... silver is almost back up to what it was when I posted this... I will still consider offers close to this.. but not lower than 36 even an ounce

OP
OP
M

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Re: Silver Stash For Sale(Priced Below Current Spot)

current spot of 37.46 puts melt at 1487.94.. I am asking 1420.55 whats the problem here? I am well below melt and paying shipping

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

minton7 said:
current spot of 37.46 puts melt at 1487.94.. I am asking 1420.55 whats the problem here? I am well below melt and paying shipping

whats the problem here?

The only reason I see that people aren't going after your coins is: they are not the denominations there looking for, most people are looking for 90% silver not Canadian or 40% or lower.

brewboss

Mar 9, 2011

I agree with that. At my local spots I can get all of that for $1200 or less. The 40% halves have been going for $4 to $4.50 max, but that's my local places in the north east.

JohninCT

Apr 23, 2003
Wallingford, Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Pulsepower Aquastar ll, Minelab CTX 3030, Sovereign GT, Nautilus DMC2Ba. Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

The problem is he is asking for melt value, no one I know pays melt value. No dealer or refinery will, thats for sure. It is fine if you want to speculate that it will go up somewhat in the future.

OP
OP
M

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT

John,

I have sold several coins here at spot and above.. in fact since I have been a member here I have never sold any silver here below spot... and my price is below spot and I am paying shipping... in fact at differing points over the past week, I have been over 1.00 an ounce under spot

JohninCT

Apr 23, 2003
Wallingford, Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Pulsepower Aquastar ll, Minelab CTX 3030, Sovereign GT, Nautilus DMC2Ba. Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

True as you say, I have seen the items you have had for sale, and I say you have done well, no complaints. Just for someone like me, it isn't worth buying at melt or above. I am 68 next week and therefore don't have any desire to buy metals to sit on for the future. So I buy and sell at the current price and if you go to a site like Kitco, you will see that if I bought your metals, I would be losing money at the current price they are paying. As I said before for someone who is going to speculate and sit on it for a little or a long while, it may be a good buy. I bought most of my precious metals back 10 years or more, and of course it has gone up dramaticly and I have done well with them. It may be that in 10 or so years that it could possibly double or triple again. Young people should think about this if they have money to invest. Probably better than the stock market.

OP
OP
M

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT

at 36.00 an ounce even which is where I would take an offer currently... I would be 1.63 below spot and I am paying shipping

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky

Minton, I think folks sometimes forget that coins also have numismatic value IN ADDITION TO precious metal value. If one factors that in, your asking price is a great bargain.

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Too much misc junk silver.
Make it all 90% and you might have a buyer.

I have an ebay add up with 6 silver foreign coins. Total Assay weight is about 1.8 oz.
I have priced it well below spot also with no buyers.

People don't want an un-homogenous batch of stuff that they have to calculate out all the
content.

I suggest pricing it way lower (say $50 less than spot). Someone will buy it pretty quickly and you won't miss $50 anyway. You said you made your $ on this stuff long ago anyway.

OP
OP
M

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT

at current spot of 37.48 as of 2:05 est.. my lot is worth $1488.74 so at my original price of 1420.55 I am already $68.19 below spot

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky

I have about ninety 90% silver coins that I tried to sell to my local coin dealer today, we started and ended with my dimes! They offered $1.80 each for them so I thanked them and walked out. Are you kidding me?! I have a semi key date Standing Liberty quarter and Liberty Half I was gonna let go if they would have made a reasonable offer. Each of these is worth well over the spot price of silver. Heck, every coin in the SLQ series with a readable date is worth more than it's melt value. Must be a buyers market in my region......

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Silver Stash For Sale(Over 50$ Below Current Spot)

Why don't you just put your coins on ebay or Graigs List and see if you get spot or over for the numismatic value IN ADDITION TO precious metal value if you put it on ebay you'll pay the fees also and maybe not get spot or the numismatic value. The numismatic value went up because of the silver content :laughing9:
Most people on here are selling their 40% and 80% coins and buying 90% and 99% coins read the posts and see. I for one have sold all my Canadian silver and I had some high end coins in nice condition but didn't even get spot on ebay and still had to pay fees ::)
Or do you just want to sell to us and not pay any fees and get full spot price :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread