Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BUYING - Gold Filled items - WANTED

I would like to buy anything, in any condition, that is GOLD FILLED.

Things that could be gold filled are; old costume jewelry, old eyeglass frames, old watch cases, old watch bands, old pocket watch cases, old service awards, old 10 year (or 15 or 25) company pins, old rings, old chains, old bracelets and the list could go on and on. Notice the keyword here is OLD, I have never seen any new things that are GF. So, if it is old and looks like gold, it could be GF.

I have also never seen any counterfeit GF items so I do not need to test them like I do when I buy full karat gold. You really need to look hard to see the GF marks. These marks look like this or very similar: 1/10 12K GF or 1/20 10K GF. Get the idea? You will need a good magnifying glass to spot the GF mark. I buy almost all my GF at yard sales. I always go through the junk boxes of old jewelry looking for real gold, silver and GF.

Now lets get down to business. For Gold Filled metal I will pay $15 per troy ounce (31.1 grams) If you send 5 ounces or more I will pay $17.50 an ounce.

I pay based ONLY on the Gold Filled metal in an item. As an example on GF eyeglasses I only pay for the frame. I will remove any lenses, nose pieces and plastic coating on the earpiece. On GF watches most times only the case and band are GF. Only the tops of most bands are GF. Wristwatch makers are very good at telling what every part of the case and band are made of.

I must tear down all items because many times the GF mark is only on one spot and gets lost when something gets separated into many smaller pieces. I will weigh all items before tearing down and I will weigh the GF after teardown. I will take before and after digital photos.

No item is too big or too small. I will buy all. If you send one ounce or less I will probably pay you by PayPal to get you the money fastest. On larger amounts I can do PayPal, company check or ?? Let me know how you want to settle.

I am in So CA. The best, and fastest, way to ship is USPS Priority Mail. The $5.20 box will hold a lot of GF. I would also recommend purchasing Delivery Confirmation for 70¢. For smaller amounts wrap very securely and mail 1st Class. Remember jewelry and eyeglasses have sharp points and might tear through the envelope and fall out. You will be shipping to my P.O. Box so it is secure all the way. Send me a PM or email and I will send you my mailing address. Fee free to ask questions.

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
I have a few old GF wristwatches, a GF pair of eyeglasses, and a few GF rings. The stuff has just piled up over the last few months while culling out the real stuff.

As far as questions go, what's with the interest in Gold Filled? Just curious. I heard you have to have a WHOLE BUNCH of it to add up to any significant amount of gold.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hombre_de_plata_flaco said:
As far as questions go, what's with the interest in Gold Filled? Just curious. I heard you have to have a WHOLE BUNCH of it to add up to any significant amount of gold.
Very true! My refinery requires a min of 500 grams. I go to yardsales every saturday and it takes me about a year and a half to get that much. Buying GF just helps me get to that magic number a bit faster.

Let me know if you want to sell.

wpd7

Greenie
Jun 18, 2011
cyberdan said:
hombre_de_plata_flaco said:
Very true! My refinery requires a min of 500 grams. I go to yardsales every saturday and it takes me about a year and a half to get that much. Buying GF just helps me get to that magic number a bit faster.

Let me know if you want to sell.

Dan,

I'm also in SoCal and am looking for a refinery (for silver). Any you can recommend near San Diego?

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wpd7 said:
I'm also in SoCal and am looking for a refinery (for silver). Any you can recommend near San Diego?
Boy, you are about as south as you can get. Check your messages, the closeset one I know of is two hours North.

crbell22

Jan 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have several gold plated, gold rolled, and gold filled items. i was wondering if you still needed these items. and what they are worth now? i have 3 or 4 antique watches.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No traffic in 2 1/2 yrs.? You still in business Dan?
Just noticed your post. Yes, still in business but this is an ad and it got buried. This message will bump it up again. But I can only buy for one more week. I am moving and will be between addresses for a while. so cut off for buying will be oct 15, 2016

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
let me know when your ready to start buying again Dan ok I have some GF items not sure how much will start digging it out ok

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not settled in yet. My new home will not be ready for another month. At a temp place now with only an old fashioned mail box on the road. Not safe for packages. I will send you a private message when I start buying again. (socalgirl too) and I will do a new post this one is 5 years old ;)

I just noticed this post has 5555 views. How many Brownie points do I get for that?

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1... you get one brownie point for 5000... and you will not get another point until 50,000 :P

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
at 100,000 you will get a "off tan" point. :)

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then at 699,000 you will reach the ultimate in points... the white point... which is invisible against a white background so no one knows you ever got it.

:P

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep in mind only charter members can sell when a non charter member posts an ad to buy something so any non charter member offers to sell will be deleted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread