Jan 20, 2013
Isle Of Anglesey
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
GTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Image3.jpg

Hi there , I listed this on E-Bay but they took it off because it is a political badge from the 1930's in Germany and it is illegal to sell them in some countries. To me it's just an interesting metal detecting find from a WW2 POW camp site in the UK and on the one hand I don't want to offend anyone but on the other, it's only a bit of metal and we won didn't we? It took me a while to identify it nut I am now confident that it is a sports badge from the 1920's or 1930's awarded within the SA which was a forerunner of the SS. Hitler was a member in the early days but, fearing a coup, wiped out their leadership in the infamous 'Night Of The Long Knives'.

I'm satisfied that the badge is 100% genuine. I have only given it a light cleaning with soapy water and a soft toothbrush. I'm sure that someone who knows what they are doing could enhance it's appearance considerably. It is made of Zinc and has a steel pin on the back that has become detached. I have still got the pin and will send it as well. It is an easy repair but I decided not to mess with it.

I don't really know what it's worth so make me an offer!

Regards
Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread