For Sale KNIVES

oldbattleaxe

May 26, 2010
The first one is this shot gun shell knife by Sheffield, It works well. The blade is a little loose, but the snap of the blade is pretty good. It is in very used condition. Measures 10 1/4" long opened. No cracks, chips, and works well. The blade is very sharp. A very rare collectible Sheffield Superior Steel engraved on the blade. 350.00 Will take Paypal, check, money orders. Will be a clearing time for checks. Shipping will be USPS Message me and I will give you my phone number and email. Thanks Bill

Attachments

• DSC04763.JPG
    DSC04763.JPG
    688.1 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC04764.JPG
    DSC04764.JPG
    854.8 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC04766.JPG
    DSC04766.JPG
    783.1 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC04768.JPG
    DSC04768.JPG
    820 KB · Views: 102

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry !

You may not.... Advertise, offer for sale, or for trade, or for free, tobacco, alcohol, or weapons / firearms (including knives)

TreasureNet - Rules

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a Horn-Handled Shotgun Knife. In the shape it's in worth, maybe, $150.00 to a collector. :skullflag:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you're way over Terry, it is not a Sheffield made knife, it is from India, and I believe the handle scales are wood. The Indians loved (and still do) marking knives with spurious Sheffield markings, even using Joseph Rodgers star and maltese cross trademarks often. Many neophyte collectors mistake them for old English made knives but they just don't have the quality of materials and construction of the older Sheffield knives. This one has a well worn blade that sits high in the frame, and although it is a a switchblade the value remains low in my opinion. Another point is that the Sheffield knives don't use the lever release system which is more often found on German and Italian knives.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you're way over Terry, it is not a Sheffield made knife, it is from India, and I believe the handle scales are wood. The Indians loved (and still do) marking knives with spurious Sheffield markings, even using Joseph Rodgers star and maltese cross trademarks often. Many neophyte collectors mistake them for old English made knives but they just don't have the quality of materials and construction of the older Sheffield knives. This one has a well worn blade that sits high in the frame, and although it is a a switchblade the value remains low in my opinion. Another point is that the Sheffield knives don't use the lever release system which is more often found on German and Italian knives.

Thank you for the knowledge Gunsil!!! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread