redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never had any problems at the schools, parks or other areas. The only places I know that are off limits would be the grounds of city and country office buildings, Paul B. Johnson State Park and graveyards. I have always asked permission of private land owners and they usually just what to see what you find. I have a permission form that I take if they want to have some kind of documentation. I think I still have it on 'word format'. I will be glad to email it to you. If there is any question about legal issues or permission, always find out. Most of the time a phone call will get you a yes or no. Easier for me to ask for permission, instead of forgiveness.

OP
OP
A

Akhuntr

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2009
That would be great. It would be great to have something in writting. I live here in Hattiesburg but I work on the North Slope of Alaska (where the Alaskan Pipeline starts). I work for 2 weeks and I'm off for 2 weeks. With that said I leave tomorrow to go back to work, which sucks becuase I have located some very promissing locations. Oh, well they will have to wait until I get back.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
In your other thread I told you a few places that I would hunt if I still lived in the area. Most of the property I told you about is on Masonite Land and not posted. I think it easer to ask for forgiveness than permission myself, never hunt posted areas though, or historical sites. In the same area that I was telling you about I own 20 acres. It has an old worn down home and a dug well. The same area has an old logging rail that ran into it, and many camps. Back when I lived in the area we would find lots of arrowheads in the fields after we disc with a tractor and a after a rain.

Well you never know who you …………..

Good Luck, oh and welcome to t-net.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread