GULF COAST BEACH TRIP

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
I am a property adjuster for a major company. Not long after Katrina, while much of the area was still off limit to the general public, they already had the beach sand screens going full blast. These are mobile units that picked up the sand, sifted it through classified shaker trays and redeposits the cleaned sand behind. All the items gleaned out of the sand was then deposited on gravel trucks to be hauled away. NOW, it you can find out and get access to some of these deposit sites, you may just have a gold mine. I know of one house that lost right at $100,000 in jewelry alone. They were guarding his beach front property to keep looters out. They were well to do folks in the Gulfport area.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
GrayCloud said:
All the items gleaned out of the sand was then deposited on gravel trucks to be hauled away. NOW, it you can find out and get access to some of these deposit sites, you may just have a gold mine. I know of one house that lost right at $100,000 in jewelry alone. They were guarding his beach front property to keep looters out. They were well to do folks in the Gulfport area.

What do you think the odds are that the people operating the machinery became the 'looters?'

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Odds are that somebody in the chain gleaned out the highly visible targets. The surge that hit Mississippi ranged from 5ft. to 27ft. in height. It went inland as much a five miles in some locations, destroying thousand of houses. When it receded,it deposited all that debri on the trip back into the Gulf. For you boys that have access to any land that was in the surge zone, anywhere you can swing a detector can be very rewarding. When possible, please return items if the true owner can be located and yes, it is okay to accept an appreciation award if offered. Good luck to all.

OP
OP
bullfrog

bullfrog

Nov 29, 2008
slidell,louisiana
GrayCloud said:
Odds are that somebody in the chain gleaned out the highly visible targets. The surge that hit Mississippi ranged from 5ft. to 27ft. in height. It went inland as much a five miles in some locations, destroying thousand of houses. When it receded,it deposited all that debri on the trip back into the Gulf. For you boys that have access to any land that was in the surge zone, anywhere you can swing a detector can be very rewarding. When possible, please return items if the true owner can be located and yes, it is okay to accept an appreciation award if offered. Good luck to all.
WHAT EVER HAPPEN THE ODDS ARE BETTER THAN MOST PLACES, BEST OF ALL IT IS SAND AND NOT HARD DIRT :blob10:

ACrisp1982

Apr 28, 2009
Good morning gents,

Havnt been on here in a couple weeks due to being busy with work/school. If yall happen to need/want an extra swinger just let me know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread