Headin home for a few days, need some advice.

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Hello,

I am origionally from Hattiesburg but have been living away for quite a while. I am going to be back home for a few days visiting family and attending my brother's wedding this coming weekend. While there I might sneak out to do some digging and I have some questions about a few things.

I am mostly interested in hunting around Hattiesburg and Petal. My first priority is wether or not it is legal to detect on public property? And secondly, are there and parks work checking out in that area?

I don't want to encroach on anyone's secret spots, so please only share common knowledge. While I do have an Etrac, I am very inexperienced at detecting in parks. Don't worry, I can cut a plug just fine - I just prefer the woods where I can dig it all and discrimination is not so important. Also, there are not many parks in the area I live now with old coins in them.

I might hunt and I might not, but I would like to know the laws for sure before I venture out. Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

Anthony

Keychainman

Oct 20, 2008
Petal, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000 & Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also live in Petal and I mostly go to tot lots around the schools and Petal Relay Park. Last Saturday morning I pull in parking lot of Relay Park around 5:00 a.m. and Petal police came by and talk to me about 15 min. I asked him about metal detecting in the tot lot and he said go ahead and have fun. He also said to fill in all your holes that dig up. I'll been metal detecting in the same tot lots for about 3 years without no problems so far. I'm still working on my wife's grandmother old dairy barn land in between tot lots hunts. Please e-mail me sometimes and we will go drum up some spots.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions