Jackson and Vicksburg Mississipp8

Missboy

May 30, 2008
Clinton, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Shadow/Whites/DetectorPro/Mark II
Battefield Park in Jackson is OFF limits, the city has "park rangers" that will issue tickets. Some of the streets around the park have vacant lots that Could have potential if you can find out who owns them BUT it is a high crime area, need to be carefull.

ericrud1739

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have gone digging at Battlefield Park several times and never had police say or do anything. They just wonder what in the heck that white boy is doing out there. The whole area is pretty much a war zone, so I would not go alone with an expensive metal detector. I have people asking me all the time if my metal detector finds gold and get questions as to the value of the metal detector. I tell them it finds cans and a few quarters and dimes and the metal detector is only worth $40 dollars on ebay.

absosecur

Oct 26, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
skintback42004 said:
Does anyone know if metal detecting is allowed at Battlefield Park in Jackson MS. Also there is a place near Vicksburg by a river on the banks and farmland where people detect,its not the mississippi river though.

I know the farmland u are talking about and it is off limits as well unless u get permission. It has been pretty much hunted out by people that just pull up and hunt. Used to be a great spot tho.

Sjuusola

Greenie
Jan 21, 2016
Minneapolis
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for someone in the jackson area to team up with to do a little digging with, been looking at some maps and Creek beds from Google earth.Not really interested at hunting the places that everyone else hits, looking for some Virginia dirt. Will be in Jackson on the 25th of January for a couple of months. Any advice or hunting partner would be great.
Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread