Iuka - Corinth - Eastport

mikeshayne

Jul 24, 2011
Missouri
My parents purchased a home last year in the Iuka area after visiting for years. I have detected some in the Iuka-Eastport area with minor success. My friend Abe and I are going down in couple of weeks from central Missouri where we detect civil war sites, surface hunt for native artifacts and fossils. I know it may violate the code of detectors to ask, but does anyone have suggestions on where to hunt for any of these categories. We rarely find Confederate items in Missouri so it would be a thrill to find something Confederate even if it was shot bullets.

You can check out my postings by looking up mikeshayne especially on the forum of Today's Finds.

It is beautiful country in Iuka and I know you cannot throw a rock without hitting some civil war site or finding shark teeth or native artifacts but my successes have been pretty paltry.

Thanks for any suggestions or pointers and we certainly would enjoy any company while down in Mississippi and would return the favor to those coming to central Missouri.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions