POW CAMP CLINTON

Tupelo_Rebel

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2007
Tupelo, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
I tried to get permission to hunt there a few years ago, and got turned down. It is owned by Mississippi College now, and they use it for Cross Country running events now. Probably the person to call would be the facilities person at MC to see if they are allowing anyone on there now.

Jay of MS

Apr 13, 2012
The Deep South :)
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garret gtax 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting, that's in my back yard. I will have to give that a go

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jay of ms when are we going?

JR in Hohenwald TN.

Mar 15, 2009
I hunted in there back in the 80's. Used to be a RC field there. We'd park at the RC parking lot and walk in. Found 30.06 blanks and a little silver coins dating the 40's.

absosecur

Oct 26, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
JR in Hohenwald TN. said:
I hunted in there back in the 80's. Used to be a RC field there. We'd park at the RC parking lot and walk in. Found 30.06 blanks and a little silver coins dating the 40's.
yea I have hunted out there many times but never up front where the pow camp was. In fields behind that site I found many chewed Minnie balls, buttons and other various civil war items. There is much ground out there yet to be discovered. The pow camp here only housed the high ranking generals and officers from the us Africa campaign. They had a hole dug leading out of the camp and one general on occasion would dress in his uniform,leave the camp and walk to Clinton for a meal at one of the well known eating establishments and would return afterwards. They were treated with dignity. A good friend of mine did his master thesis at ms college in Clinton on that pow camp and at on of our springtime civil war reenactments he actually had several of those German generals from the camp come to Clinton and was a part of our festivities.

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would love to hunt there with one of y'all one day. I just moved to flowood and have no place to hunt here

absosecur

Oct 26, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
kshollywood said:
I would love to hunt there with one of y'all one day. I just moved to flowood and have no place to hunt here
hey man that will work. We can go out there and you are welcome to go other places with us. We are always getting out to hunt old favorite spots that just keep giving but we find new places all the time too. I will private message you my phone number and you send me yours in a pm and we will hook you up. We are not the top secret type hunters. We look at it like the more competition the better. Comrodery.

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Absosecur when are y'all going again?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread