redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Planning on being in Vicksburg this weekend and would love to take sometime to give some places a try. Anyone have any hints on some areas to try. Really don't want to have to run from any uniforms or have to try and talk my way out of a bad place. Don't mind knocking on doors to get permission or getting info. This might just be a fact finding trip and come back after making some contacts. Any info would be appreciated.

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update. I talked with a gentleman that knows a lot about Vicksburg, antiques and metal detecting. The city does not have any ordinances on metal detecting but would probably frown on doing it on city grounds. Private property - just follow good MDing rules, ask for permission and cover your holes. As for as the battlefield, don't even take one in the gate. He said the whole city has been hunting so much over the years, it would be hard to find a spot that hasn't been cleared. I will go back sometime and give it a try.

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't have enough time so never found a good place to try. Going to do a little more research and hope to go back with more time to go knock on some doors.

kd5txx

Nov 5, 2009
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
When I was young...in the 80's.. My cousins would visit and we always bought and shot fireworks at a park near my grandparents house. They couldn't shoot them where they lived. I went back to that park about 2 or 3 years ago with my metal detector and actually found some of the spinny metal fireworks and pocket change from the 70's and 80's right where we played. I thought it was cool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread