redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Raku, nice to have you aboard. We have a small local group in the H'burg/Laurel area, been hunting together for a little while, be glad have another MDer join us. We usually go in the morning till around lunch, quit when it gets hot. We might have something for this Saturday, will let you know. Best way to learn and find, is go and dig, get use to the detector and different ground. See you soon. :skullflag:

Raku1

Jul 2, 2016
South MS
Detector(s) used
AT Pro /
Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks redbronco, would really like to get together with other MDers just let me know when.

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome Raku1.
Send redbronco a PM so he can get your cell# or some way to contact you.
We would love for you to join us on a hunt!
It is so hot right now though!
I went out for about 2 hours this a.m., and it was brutal.

Raku1

Jul 2, 2016
South MS
Detector(s) used
AT Pro /
Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PM sent Murete33
And thanks, hope to hunt with y'all soon, I know the heat is a beast now though.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome aboard Raku!

Silversmith

Jan 14, 2015
Central Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Go-Find 20
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher 1266-XB
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brandon, MS

I hunt on a fairly regular basis. Love finding shiny and relics. My two favorite finds.

Garrett Treasure Ace 300, Garrett AT Pro (NEL Coil),
Fisher 1266-XB, Minelab Go Find 20, Minelab Etrac

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard Silversmith and Livengood. Been a little slow around here lately but with the weather changing, we should pick up the pace a bit.
We have a group "South Mississippi Relic Team" mainly in the Hattiesburg - Laurel area but are always glad to have other MDers come hunt with us.
Of course, always looking for new ground to hunt too. Should start seeing more posts show up real soon. Good Hunting :skullflag:

Silversmith

Jan 14, 2015
Central Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Minelab Go-Find 20
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher 1266-XB
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard Silversmith and Livengood. Been a little slow around here lately but with the weather changing, we should pick up the pace a bit.
We have a group "South Mississippi Relic Team" mainly in the Hattiesburg - Laurel area but are always glad to have other MDers come hunt with us.
Of course, always looking for new ground to hunt too. Should start seeing more posts show up real soon. Good Hunting :skullflag:

Thanks redbronco!

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Jakester, have you guys ever detected the old Drive-in theater off the interstate or that amusement park that was next door?

jakester

Jan 24, 2017
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't heard of anyone detecting it but I have dreams of doing it myself. I remember going to the fairgrounds that was next door to it and still remember how it was set up. I would love to detect the area where all the games were set up. Especially the spot where you tossed nickles and tried to land them on all that carnival glass. I know there has to be some exciting items to be found there. Of course most of the coins fell onto a tarp but surely some escaped. The drive-in and amusement park would be fun as well.

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would love to hit the old Meridian drive-in theater, RoyalLand, then the old fairgrounds on that east side of I-59.
You might could find out who owns it from a realtor.
Were the "older" fairgrounds for Meridian on the western side of the interstate (where the Dirt Cheap/Salvation Army Thrift store is)?

In Laurel, the older fairgrounds are where the hospital is now right off I-59.
I would love to get in there, but it is not in a good part of town.
They are erecting an ornamental fence around that area now to attract business.
Good Luck Jakester, and Happy Hunting up there!

Junkironkid

Mar 23, 2012
MS
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cleveland Ms here. I have a Etrac.

Mejes01

May 22, 2017
Hattiesburg ms
Detector(s) used
GC 1032
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brooklyn ms here
Looking for more people in this area and some legal places around here to dig . Just starting out need some local advice

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mejes, a group of us from Hattiesburg/Laurel area, always glad to have new MDers in south Miss. You can find us on Facebook, South Mississippi Relic Team, join us on a hunt anytime. I will be happy to try and answer any questions, "try & answer". Do you have a certain type of MDing you are interested in or just hunting. :skullflag:

lucillemcuddy

Aug 11, 2017
Saltillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Redbronco, new to the site and wondering if you have any contacts up in the north part of the state. I live in Saltillo, just north of Tupelo.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions