Headphones question

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use the Black Widows and Killer "Bs" but i`m thinking about going wireless.
Gary BlackWidows Headphones.jpg LITTLE B LOGO.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate the reply and the info. There are so many makes and models out there, it would take two years to try them all. This helps me narrow it down quick.

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello redbronco, I have been using Auvio wireless digital earbuds (cat. # 33-284) for the past 2 wks. and love them, no wire getting tangled in brush! HPIM1789.JPG They are 2.4 GHz Kleer (TM) technology and I have not noticed any 'lag' in them. The earbuds are lite and comfortable and do allow you to be aware of your surroundings. I rigged them up with some Velcro "dots". HPIM1782.JPG they do have a volume control and seem to stay charged for @ 10-12 hrs. One warning- the switch to turn the transmitter and the earbud receiver on/ off is tiny. No gloves. HPIM1788.JPG HH yelnif

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is too cool. Like the set-up, doesn't look like it gets in the way at all. I am fixing to check them out right now. Any specific dealer that carries them? I appreciate the info and the pics of the your set-up.

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is too cool. Like the set-up, doesn't look like it gets in the way at all. I am fixing to check them out right now. Any specific dealer that carries them? I appreciate the info and the pics of the your set-up.

Thanks for the kudos on my setup. I got them at the local Radio Shack- @ $60. I did add an inline volume control (RS) to the transmitter, since the vaquero does not have a vol. control. This has been recommend here by others, so as to not over-power the wireless transmitter. ( love those Velcro dots- handy little buggers)
HPIM1798.JPG I usually set this vol. control at @ 1/2 and adjust the earbud receiver to get a pleasant tone when the MD picks up a target. If you turn up the transmitters control to much it makes the tone kinda 'scratchy' rough. That is something you will have to play with and it does make it more 'sensitive'- to my hearing.

One more thing I might mention; originally I mounted the transmitter to the battery cover on the back of the "V" but I found that this reduced my depth by 1"-2". (air testing). To resolve this I moved the trans. @3" away and mounted it to a spring clip tool holder that snaps onto the MD shaft.
HPIM1790.JPG HPIM1793.JPG HPIM1796.JPG . Problem solved.
The coban wrap @ the MD shaft keeps the spring clip from slipping around and doesn't let the clip scratch up the shaft.
HH. yelnif ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions