Garrett Ace 250 from AAFES for $160.20

Confederate Sailor

Aug 9, 2013
Athens, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This had been posted in "The Barracks" section on TreasureNet a while back but wanted to make sure that those in Mississippi who have military exchange privileges know about this deal from AAFES.

AAFES offers the Garrett 250 for $178.00 through their catalog online. I found that promo-code "x2181" is in fact valid this month and will knock the price down to $160.20 with zero tax and free shipping.

https://shop.aafes.com

GO NAVY! BEAT ARMY!

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a dang good deal. Like the 250, have found some good stuff with it.

OP
OP
Confederate Sailor

Confederate Sailor

Aug 9, 2013
Athens, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it were any other retailer other than AAFES I would have been super skeptical that is was a scam. They also have the Pro Pointer, headphones and AT Pro as well.

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great buy. If I hadn't just bought my nephew's F-2 a few months ago, I would get this. But I understand they're very comparable to each other. What do you all think about the Fisher F-2 vs. the 250. Mine is like new and It came with the 8 1/2 and 4 inch coil. Thought it would be good if a friend wanted to go out sometime. Or just a second machine is good to have. Last year I was out of town for a three day hunt and on day one I went down in a ravine and snapped the shaft on my AT Pro. Electrical tape, broom stick, an hour later, I was hunting, but it did hampered day two and three.
Ray

OP
OP
Confederate Sailor

Confederate Sailor

Aug 9, 2013
Athens, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not one who could answer your Fisher F2 & Garrett Ace 250 comparison with hands on experience because the Ace 250 I just ordered will be more first detector. I will say that from what I gather they are both solid performers in their own right and any differences are likely negligible to the casual user.

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$127.00 Joe. Same as the rest of the world. Lol
They are that good.
I would hold out for perhaps $60-90, used. Perhaps!
Now if they should come out with one with cool blinking arrows,
(though not needed) I'd part with mine. $99.99 Lol
Ray
PS I'll be looking to lurk, after my geode trip. 9/20- 10/2.
Or if we get a cool front in the next 2 weeks.

OP
OP
Confederate Sailor

Confederate Sailor

Aug 9, 2013
Athens, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just picked up the Pro Pointer for $114.30 using the coupon code x2181 that's good until the end of September. Free shipping and no tax.

Thanks to Silver Worm for letting a "noob" borrow his backup pro pointer during our 3 outings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions