new to this.... meridian Lauderdale county area

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to treasure net from Columbus, Ms.

OP
OP
C

ChellyNeal

Tenderfoot
Mar 15, 2014
Meridian Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QSIGWP Quick Silver Metal Detector with Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to start off in my area Lauderdale county if anybody could maybe just teach me a little bit basic and what not. Im a geocacher if that help any. Just wanted to find something new for me and my family to start doing. Thanx in advance..... Chelly

OP
OP
C

ChellyNeal

Tenderfoot
Mar 15, 2014
Meridian Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could you maybe give me some tips on how to get this started plz.

kellen22

Tenderfoot
Mar 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I from meridian I just started yesterday, I'm just playing in my back yard found 11 cents so far lol. But the fun I see is just not knowing. The hard part to me is the pinpoint. I got a small pinpointer to help me. I'm going too look up the history of lauderdale county. There is a civil war grave yard in lauderdale.

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lauderdale County has a lot of neat history so you shouldn't have any problem finding good spots, just make sure of the land you are going to hunt on first. Fed and state have tougher laws on this, city and county are more relaxed but asked first and save the headache. What kind of detector are you using? Try making a X when you get a hit, gets you zeroed in better. Dig your plug and then pinpoint. Seen days when 11cents was a good day. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
C

ChellyNeal

Tenderfoot
Mar 15, 2014
Meridian Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hiya Redbronco..... I'm sorry I haven't got back in touch with u sir.... I have been going through a lot of personal issues since this post and have finally made it to a point in my life where I can actually "get started" ha... Can u believe I have yet to even start since joining up and that's sad actually..... Anywho I have Bounty Hunter QSIGWP Quick Silver Metal Detector with Pin Pointer..... I have to get a chance to learn how it works and all but yes I'm very excited to start this new chapter in my life finally.... Cheers, Chelly

Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT Pro, and a White's Treasure Master, along with a White's TRX Pinpointer...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Afternoon, It's good to here you have made it to the point that you can now "get started"... I just wanted to invite you to join our Facebook group for local detectorist here in Mississippi, it's called South Mississippi Relic Team and it was actually created by redbronco. We have group meeting in Hattiesburg on the 3rd Thursday of most months, and it is a free club, we just like to network, show our finds, and hunt together. We just had our largest group hunt ever down on the coast this past weekend with 30+ people showing up for it... Hope to see you over there and Happy Hunting!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/749848558513154/?ref=group_header

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chelly, nice to hear from you, glad things are looking up. Starting late is better than not starting at all. I have kinda been wrapped up with work so haven’t been much lately but looking to change that. I promise to stay connected on TNET and work on posting new updates. Like WTH said, we have a good group with the SMRT, check it out on Facebook when you can. We hope to line up some group hunts and always looking for new areas to check out.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome. If you're just starting, if you have a yard try that first. Sounds simple, but...a friend came to my house two years ago and pulled a wad of change out of it and a 14k gold wedding ring out of it. I hadn't tried. The best places, besides the obvious public beaches that allow detecting, I like private permissions best. Get to know your machine, check to see if local parks allow detecting. Here in Maryland my county does NOT allow it, but the one to the west does, with a free permit. What do you want to try to find? Coins, jewelry, old relics?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread