Token catalog

Jblack

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a good Site, I found a Mississippi lines token a while back, I'm glad you posted the info

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool site. Does it have a big capital M in the center? If so, I found your token in my new book Brozenes and Doodlum, Private Money in Mississippi. (33,000 of these tokens were struck in 1951).

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe it does, I will have to look at it again but 98% sure that's right. Where did you find the book? That would be a good one to have. GSM found a odd wheat the other day, sure he will post it when he can.

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A local dealer told me about it. 355 pages of Mississippi tokens. Copyright 1990 by George P. Chatham, I believe it is out of publication. I went to ebay and saw 2 of these books listed on auction. I won the book on auction for $37.00, and the book was well worth it. Granted it didn't have pictures of every token ever made in Mississippi, but it had a lot (355 pages). Very neat book and valuable source of information. A must have for the Mississippi collector/detectorist. I uploaded a few photos for ya.
Hit me up when yall have your next group hunt.

Attachments

• DSC02671.JPG
    DSC02671.JPG
    248.3 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC02672.JPG
    DSC02672.JPG
    260.3 KB · Views: 197
  • DSC02674.JPG
    DSC02674.JPG
    265.8 KB · Views: 208
OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info BP. Really cool book, I will be on the lookout. We are trying to secure the ok on some more places to hit, will be sure keep you in the loop.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a aluminum Mississippi Sales Tax token this weekend in Gulfport. I used TokenCatalog.com listed above to find out what it was. Thanks for the link redbronco.

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My relatives in Bay St. Louis and Kiln, MS minted several flavors in the early 1900's.
Tokencatalog listed one type (with 2 monetary flavors), but the Brozenes and Doodlum book listed SEVERAL.
I now have to find them too. This winter, I am going down to look for some.

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool. Would be neat to have some family association with some of the local tokens.
My family had a coffee and grocery store in the 1920's, but no tokens that im aware of.
The store burnt down during the Great Depression and they didn't have money to rebuild.
If you do come down here, let me know. I'd love to hunt the Bay area. Never have, but always wanted to get over there for a hunt.
Heck I'd even drive to kiln, if I knew where to go, or had some good prospect to look upon.
You know my book said it was supposed to be signed and wasn't. I was a little disappointed, but still happy to get the book for the price.
The only thing I noticed in it was some pencil writing in the top right corner inside the front of the book that said +30 6.99.
Im assuming those numbers indicate a series of the publication. If you do end up getting a copy, let me know what numbers you have, or what you think they might mean.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread