redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, going to give this a try. We seem to have a dozen or more MDers from Jackson to the Coast and a few of us have gotten together to hunt but we need to be more organized. Treasurenet is a great website and helps find others to share info with but I think most of you are like me, and want to a shovel in the dirt. I am starting a group/club for the MDers in South Miss, who want to find good places to hunt, share ideas/stories and go have some fun. This will be a loose outfit, no officers, no dues but would like to have monthly meetings to plan some quality hunts, show your finds, research info on sites and go digging. I can get a city community center at no cost so we can have a centralized meeting spot. I know some people might have to drive a bit but you don't have show up every month to be apart of the crew. Would like to give each member a chance to bring locations to the table and be the "Hunt Master" for the day. Seen some other clubs online that seem to have it going on. Figured we have to start somewhere so just going to see what happens. I have attached a member app. so we can get a data base to keep in touch and make sure everyone is included in all the hunts. Some one told me the other day, I have too much time on my hands to be starting clubs, making MD logos, etc, that is only because it is hard to MD in the dark. I enjoy the hobby and the friendship with the MDers I have met, and just want to keep hunting till I can't go anymore. Hope that's a long time from now. If you are interested or have questions, let me know thru the forum or PM me.
smrha logo.jpg

Attachments

• SMRHmember.doc
    87 KB · Views: 91

Msdigger22

Jan 4, 2014
hazelhurst Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Xp deus ,minelab safari, whites mx5, fisher f70 ,Garrett at pro, ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would defiently be interested where would the meeting take place I'm in hazlehurst

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Hattiesburg and there are a few others here. But we could definitely spread things out and meet at other areas to meet & hunt. Trying to find a good spot so everyone could meet one saturday and hunt a big area. Looking for ideas.

Jblack

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am for it. Let's get it together. I down loaded the form.

Jameyjg01

Mar 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm around Ellisville and think it is an awesome idea!

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking at trying to set-up a Meet/Greet & Hunt on a Saturday after Easter. Either April 11th or 18th, what day works good for ya'll. I will try to line up a couple of good locations in the Hattiesburg area to hunt. Have a couple of MDers in the SMRH crew already but seeing if we can really get a South state group together. Let me know what you think.

Jblack

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the weekend of the 18th would be good for me, but I should be pretty flexible, I was also thinking today when I was out detecting that it would be nice to have some fliers or something that tells alittle About whAt we are looking for and a code of ethics or something to that effect what do yall think?

Jameyjg01

Mar 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the way you think Jblack! I was thinking that a way to share our finds on Facebook might open up some interest and opportunity for leads. Maybe a Facebook (page?) I know even people that have no interest in detecting still have an interest in history and historical items.

Jblack

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have we decided on a date for the meet and greet? Either date mentioned above would work for me. But just to make it simple I vote for the 11th

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 11th works good for me. I will post tonight with some details and see who can show up.

Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT Pro, and a White's Treasure Master, along with a White's TRX Pinpointer...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is an Old Thread, but I thought I would update it to say that redbronco's original group concept has turned into a nice group of folks from all across South Mississippi. SMRT (South Mississippi Relic Team). I just realized while reading this thread that the original name was "South Mississippi Relic Hunter's" and am unsure at what point it changed to South Mississippi Relic Team, but this is the name it has evolved into.

We have a fairly active Facebook group that is public and meets in Hattiesburg, Mississippi on the 3rd Thursday of every Month. The group has no by-laws nor fee's, we are just a group of folks sharing knowledge, working on acquiring permissions, and as frequently as possible having group hunts. So if any of you want to join us, we'd enjoy having you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/749848558513154/

Last edited:

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like the SMART thing to do is name South Mississippi Area Relic Team. But then again that is just me. Carry on, If I were thirty or forty years younger, I would definitely join you all.

Johnny

OK, maybe 50 years younger, if I knew know what I didn't know then. There may be a song in that.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT Pro, and a White's Treasure Master, along with a White's TRX Pinpointer...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to join. Where in Hattisburg do you meet?

Good Morning Don... Thanks for joining our Facebook Group and Welcome to South Mississippi... I sent you a PM over on Facebook, give me a shout when you get a chance...

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What areas do you guys usually hunt. I live in the Biloxi area but willing to travel

Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What areas do you guys usually hunt. I live in the Biloxi area but willing to travel

We have members on the Coast and we do group hunts all over South Mississippi and different ones of us are willing to travel as long as life allows it... Join our Facebook Group and you can keep up with everything we do and see who all is in your area...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread