redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So got the 5x8 coil for the AT Pro and finally got to try it out this morning. Went over to OG school for about an hour, been there repeatedly, cause it so close. Knew if there was going to be any difference I could tell it here. Noticed right quick I would have to slow down, use to the stock coil and being able to overlap my swing very easy. Now saw I was leaving a gap when I crossed back over. Not picking up the usual noise, more single signals and could sort them out. Some of the targets hit a little different but can get use to that. Really could dodge more trash. Think it is going to be worth it.
7.25.JPG

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice Hunt :thumbsup: A new coil is a lot like having a new or second machine for only a fraction of the price.
Ive purchased smaller coils for other machines, and found stuff I missed. Definitely nice for target separation.
Theyre also great for getting in and around obstacles i.e. shrubbery, slabs, etc.
You will have to go slower with the small coils and make sure you overlap your swings.
Looks like you got a token and some type of flattened commemorative penny. Do I see a sharks or alligator head on the oval one?

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N.O. Aquarium gator, Chucky Cheese token and a Canadian penny

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That coil is a MUST for the machine, would have been nice if it were the stock coil.

I too went to old spots that had been pounded out with the stock coil and my buddies Etrac and I pulled 2 Silvers and a Buff my first time out. It reduces the trash enough to hear the goodies

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds! I really like the NO gator and the chucky cheese token. I have a buddy that has found a few of those. I don't have one yet, but I want one! :unhappysmiley:

Slad74

Jun 3, 2015
Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just ordered mine today! Sure hope it helps like everyone is saying.

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree this should be the stock coil. It is a tough pill to swallow at $200+ bucks, but worth it.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree this should be the stock coil. It is a tough pill to swallow at $200+ bucks, but worth it.

Looks Like they are only $130 now so it is a no brainer!!

Slad74

Jun 3, 2015
Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks Like they are only $130 now so it is a no brainer!!

Yeah, $127 at Kellyco, threw in the coil cover for $11, got them down to $5 shipping, and had a $25 coupon...$118 out the door. :laughing7:

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, $127 at Kellyco, threw in the coil cover for $11, got them down to $5 shipping, and had a $25 coupon...$118 out the door. :laughing7:
I paid $133 last year for mine, and I looked hard for the lowest price.

Good news is I get to see the doctor tomorrow, and the neurosurgeon next week. Hopefully I will be back detecting in a couple of weeks.

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I looked the other day at Metaldetectingstuff.com and they had the 5x8 listed for $127., most times those dealers will give you a better/discounted price if you contact them.
I usually email 3 or 4, to make sure im getting the best price possible.
The more items you bundle, the better the price.
Sorry to hear about the back, Muerte..
One day im gona have to go see a doctor about mine, but im trying to avoid the inevitable for as long as possible.
Mine acts up about twice a year. Sometimes it takes 2 or more weeks to get right.
Hope you have a speedy recovery.

tomhoke

Dec 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
redbronco: Would your group be interested in checking out a spot near Waveland, Mississippi?

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where in Waveland?
I used to know that area pretty well (lived in the BSL/Waveland area for almost 20 years).
The Hwy 603 drive (once you get off I-59) is beautiful but dangerous, so be careful if you take that route instead of 49 to I-10.
I have got to get this back fixed so I can get back to hunting.
The heat is the only thing I miss!

Last edited:
OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tom, we are always looking for good places to MD. "Have detector, will travel". Always looking for new MDers to hunt with, anyone welcome to join us when we post an upcoming hunt. Haven't had a chance to hunt the Waveland area, don't know that much about the history. Love it down there, camping and fishing, but haven't hunted. If you have a place, we are interested. I will message you, so we can talk. Thanks for the heads up.

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
redbronco: Would your group be interested in checking out a spot near Waveland, Mississippi?
Hi Tom, I live in Ocean Springs. Hit Bay St Louis a few weeks ago.
Let me know what you have in mind.

On another note: I had a dealer, wont mention any names contact me yesterday about a discounted price on the AT Pro 5x8 coil.
Guess he read my post and thought I have an AT Pro and was shopping for a new coil.
Said they would let me have it for $115.
Just re-iterated what I was saying about dealers giving discounted prices.
The funny thing is that I wasn't in the market for the coil, I was just saying that sometimes it pays to shop around.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread