Ready to head out for the day

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish you the best of luck- I missed a great opportunity to hunt an old WWII training site near Jackson once. Didn't have the machine with me.

I know the best finds ever are still there...

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well.................:icon_scratch:......................:dontknow:..................... Cant wait to see.
I saw the pic of that house, and it has silver half-dimes and relics written all over it.

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CNC, where are the pics, I know you found something!

OP
OP
Crappies-n-Coins

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Man, what a disappointing day. I mean it was a beautiful day, and I'm glad to be able to get out, grateful for permission, but DANG! I'd have bet money I'd pull some goodies (coins) from this place. Spent 8 hours there today, and not one single coin.

I took the DeLeon (5.75" coil) again, since it was already in the truck. Place is full of sheets of tin roofing, fence wire, and iron. I dug lots of plow parts, 2 broken hoe heads, a broken ax head, lots of trash, and what little bit went in the pouch below.

LOL, a few times, when I dug a shotgun headstamp, or something else round and coin-sized, I was like "finally", only to find it wasn't a coin. I'm going back next week, but am taking the Vaquero. I said I was going to this time, and probably should have. I got a new mode switch in the mail today to put on the DeLeon, so I'm going to fix that tomorrow, supposed to rain anyway.

Not my week, no PowerBall winnings, and no coins :BangHead: :laughing7:

P1140006.JPG

P1140003.JPG

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well dang. I was rooting for ya.
I know the feeling. We went to a new permission sunday and I had high hopes.
I just knew I was gona dig a war of 1812 US flat button.
So I dig a really thin disk with a little bump in the center. So I thought finally. YES!
Turns out it was a really worn 12th GeorgiA. :BangHead:
In your pic I see a buckle frame, a piece of a harmonica reed, and a boot heel plate.

OP
OP
Crappies-n-Coins

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well dang. I was rooting for ya.
I know the feeling. We went to a new permission sunday and I had high hopes.
I just knew I was gona dig a war of 1812 US flat button.
So I dig a really thin disk with a little bump in the center. So I thought finally. YES!
Turns out it was a really worn 12th GeorgiA. :BangHead:
In your pic I see a buckle frame, a piece of a harmonica reed, and a boot heel plate.

LOL, I know, I try not to be a "bogart" :laughing7:, but you'd think something would show-up, a wheatie, IH, something. Maybe they're out of reach of the DeLeon, never seemed to be a problem before, it's pretty much my favorite detector.

Also there's a flattened thimble, and a button probably off a pair of overalls. That's what I don't get, wasn't like I wasn't finding any relics, just no coins.

Wasn't that you that got the Tejon? If so, you used it yet?

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah I thought that looked like a thimble.
Surely there should be a coin or two around that house. Maybe theyre deep or masked by iron and junk.
Yup I got the tejon. I played with it in the backyard one time and put it in my closet.
I put it on craigslist yesterday just to see if I could get any offers.
An hour later my relic huntin buddy from Alabama called me asking if that was my detector on craigslist.
He came by yesterday right after work and I sold it to him for what I paid for it.
Ive been using the XP Deus for a while and figured I should just stick with it.
I'm just so used to having a display screen, multi tones, and other bells and whistles.
I didn't have enough patience to give the Tesoro a chance.
My Alabama buddy has wanted a Tejon for a long time, and he has taken me to some killer sites, so it was kind of nice to be able to help him out.

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CnC that looks exactly like the kind of stuff I dig up in Jasper county.
I hate that old tin roof material too, it will drive you crazy.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
That reminds me of a house built in 1860 in Copiah county that I've hit a number of times. The last time there, I spent 4.5 hours for 1 Lincoln penny, a 3Ringer, a cufflink and some other random relics. Mississippi can be heartbreaking.

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
People just did not have a lot of cash money. They traded for a lot of things.

OP
OP
Crappies-n-Coins

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You guys aren't exactly confidence builders, are ya?

Been kinda busy the past couple days. I'm hoping it doesn't turn too awful cold next week, so I can give it another go. I'm thinking I have a widescan for the Vaquero, so may give that a shot. LOL, can't do any worse.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread