Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Crappies-n-Coins
  • 1 Post By bonepicker
  • 1 Post By Captain Caveman
  • 1 Post By muerte33

Thread: Ready to head out for the day

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Brian

Nov 2015
    N/W MS
    Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
    815 times
    Coins and Relics

Ready to head out for the day

To the spot I'd found the Tax Token. Going to spend the day there armed with a little more info than I had prior to gaining permission. Here's to hoping to find something worth posting later
    Rodnreelerr and trsynsh like this.

us
    Just another Guy In Back

Feb 2007
    The Mangrove Coast
    CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
    8356 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member, Deliverer of World Peace
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I wish you the best of luck- I missed a great opportunity to hunt an old WWII training site near Jackson once. Didn't have the machine with me.

I know the best finds ever are still there...
    Get up late... Start slow... Taper off...

I am a second level vegetarian. Cow's eat grass. I eat cows.

us
    WP

Mar 2014
    Dallas,GA
    CZ6A
    6046 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Good luck! C-n-C!

us
    Jan 2012
    MS, Lynchberg
    XP DEUS
    2519 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Well............................................................ Cant wait to see.
    I saw the pic of that house, and it has silver half-dimes and relics written all over it.
    Another day older and deeper in debt.

us
    Metal Detectorist and Adventurer

Jun 2015
    Southern Mississippi!
    Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
    279 times
    Metal Detecting
    CNC, where are the pics, I know you found something!

us
    Brian

Nov 2015
    N/W MS
    Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
    815 times
    Coins and Relics
    Man, what a disappointing day. I mean it was a beautiful day, and I'm glad to be able to get out, grateful for permission, but DANG! I'd have bet money I'd pull some goodies (coins) from this place. Spent 8 hours there today, and not one single coin.

I took the DeLeon (5.75" coil) again, since it was already in the truck. Place is full of sheets of tin roofing, fence wire, and iron. I dug lots of plow parts, 2 broken hoe heads, a broken ax head, lots of trash, and what little bit went in the pouch below.

LOL, a few times, when I dug a shotgun headstamp, or something else round and coin-sized, I was like "finally", only to find it wasn't a coin. I'm going back next week, but am taking the Vaquero. I said I was going to this time, and probably should have. I got a new mode switch in the mail today to put on the DeLeon, so I'm going to fix that tomorrow, supposed to rain anyway.

Not my week, no PowerBall winnings, and no coins

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1140006.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	1260256

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1140003.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	1260259

us
    Jan 2012
    MS, Lynchberg
    XP DEUS
    2519 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Well dang. I was rooting for ya.
    I know the feeling. We went to a new permission sunday and I had high hopes.
    I just knew I was gona dig a war of 1812 US flat button.
    So I dig a really thin disk with a little bump in the center. So I thought finally. YES!
    Turns out it was a really worn 12th GeorgiA.
    In your pic I see a buckle frame, a piece of a harmonica reed, and a boot heel plate.

us
    Brian

Nov 2015
    N/W MS
    815 times
    Coins and Relics
    Quote Originally Posted by bonepicker View Post
    Well dang. I was rooting for ya.
    I know the feeling. We went to a new permission sunday and I had high hopes.
    I just knew I was gona dig a war of 1812 US flat button.
    So I dig a really thin disk with a little bump in the center. So I thought finally. YES!
    Turns out it was a really worn 12th GeorgiA.
    In your pic I see a buckle frame, a piece of a harmonica reed, and a boot heel plate.
    LOL, I know, I try not to be a "bogart" , but you'd think something would show-up, a wheatie, IH, something. Maybe they're out of reach of the DeLeon, never seemed to be a problem before, it's pretty much my favorite detector.

Also there's a flattened thimble, and a button probably off a pair of overalls. That's what I don't get, wasn't like I wasn't finding any relics, just no coins.

Wasn't that you that got the Tejon? If so, you used it yet?

us
    Jan 2012
    MS, Lynchberg
    XP DEUS
    2519 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Yeah I thought that looked like a thimble.
    Surely there should be a coin or two around that house. Maybe theyre deep or masked by iron and junk.
    Yup I got the tejon. I played with it in the backyard one time and put it in my closet.
    I put it on craigslist yesterday just to see if I could get any offers.
    An hour later my relic huntin buddy from Alabama called me asking if that was my detector on craigslist.
    He came by yesterday right after work and I sold it to him for what I paid for it.
    Ive been using the XP Deus for a while and figured I should just stick with it.
    I'm just so used to having a display screen, multi tones, and other bells and whistles.
    I didn't have enough patience to give the Tesoro a chance.
    My Alabama buddy has wanted a Tejon for a long time, and he has taken me to some killer sites, so it was kind of nice to be able to help him out.
    Crappies-n-Coins likes this.

us

Jun 2015
    Southern Mississippi!
    Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
    279 times
    Metal Detecting
    CnC that looks exactly like the kind of stuff I dig up in Jasper county.
    I hate that old tin roof material too, it will drive you crazy.

us
    Detector Collector

May 2015
    Madison, MS
    Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
    2229 times
    I mainly coin shoot, but I also enjoy relic hunting and shallow ocean hunting.
    That reminds me of a house built in 1860 in Copiah county that I've hit a number of times. The last time there, I spent 4.5 hours for 1 Lincoln penny, a 3Ringer, a cufflink and some other random relics. Mississippi can be heartbreaking.
    Clad - 2 dollars, 274 quarters, 282 dimes, 115 nickels, 787 pennies, 1 foreign
    Older - 1 Barber Half, 1 Walker, 1 Franklin, 1 Seated Qtr, 1 Barber Qtr, 5 Washington, 4 Barber Dimes, 12 Mercs, 13 Rosies
    1 CB Half Dime, 1 Shield, 3 Vs, 8 Buffalos, 4 War Nickels, 10 IHPs, 137 Wheats, 1803 Half Real
    Relics - 1 3-Ringer, 1 Round Ball, Silver fork, 3 pocket knives, Gem Micromatic razor, small compact, Silver bib clip, Silver brush, skeleton key
    Jewelry - 2 Gold rings, 2 Silver rings, Silver bracelet, Silver earring, 3 Silver charms, lady's watch

Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.

Captain Caveman

us

Jun 2015
    Southern Mississippi!
    279 times
    Metal Detecting
    People just did not have a lot of cash money. They traded for a lot of things.

us
    Brian

Nov 2015
    N/W MS
    815 times
    Coins and Relics
    You guys aren't exactly confidence builders, are ya?

Been kinda busy the past couple days. I'm hoping it doesn't turn too awful cold next week, so I can give it another go. I'm thinking I have a widescan for the Vaquero, so may give that a shot. LOL, can't do any worse.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links