Sorry, but I have to laugh

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL! At the news broadcasts this AM. Watching them call 1/2" of snow as "measured 3"", talk of "building snowmen" when the grass is barely covered, one reporter claimed his coat was "half-white from snow" when you couldn't have scraped a tablespoon worth from it, and DOT trucks plowing wet (no snow, and yes, plows were "down") roads.

Reporters must hold stock in bread and milk :laughing7:

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL! At the news broadcasts this AM. Watching them call 1/2" of snow as "measured 3"", talk of "building snowmen" when the grass is barely covered, one reporter claimed his coat was "half-white from snow" when you couldn't have scraped a tablespoon worth from it, and DOT trucks plowing wet (no snow, and yes, plows were "down") roads.

And stupid lookin' hats!!

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

The other half-white must be the reporter's white sweater itself. :tongue3:

While I'm sure the storm will be inconvenient for some, I totally get what you're saying.
Here in Florida, every hurricane season out comes the "hunker-down" phrase from all the media outlets.
It's a phrase you never hear anywhere else, or at any other time of the year.

And then, when the CAT-5 hurricane passes by with barely a slight breeze, the storm forecasters almost seem disappointed!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I got up this morning and called our automated work number that tells if the office will be closed. It was not.
Once I got on the road I could see it was lightly snowing. When I hit I55, it really started coming down and big flakes too! So I called the automated number again. No dice! Dangit! It's only 35 degrees so its not like the snow is going to stick. Still wanted to stay home though!

Good luck to those of you on the east coast who really have to deal with the snow!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions