Anyone here from around Vicksburg that knows the area?

Sarge38624

Nov 28, 2015
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Eagledigs

Feb 17, 2012
Hattiesburg, MS
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Sarge, I live in Hattiesburg, Ms which is a bout 2 1/2 hours from Vicksburg. I have hunted around Vicksburg on numerous occasions and I am very familiar w/ the area from research and dozens of visits over the years, What ya need?

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sarge, maybe these might help.
VicksburgCampaignAprilJuly63.png Mississippi Civil War Sesquicentennial » Timeline Let's us know if you do any good.

OP
OP
S

Sarge38624

Nov 28, 2015
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the replies guys. I really appreciate it. I have studied the maps quite a bit and I have used them to find some relics, but I have access to 1700 acres there and I am hoping there is someone local to the area who will be familiar with the exact areas I have access to. I am hoping they can tell me if the locations are good hunting spots or not. I will be glad to take them with me as well if they have knowledge to offer. Again, I really appreciate the help guys.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't have any knowledge beyond books and maps such as the one redbronco provided. However, if you ever want company, let me know. I'm about an hour away in the Jackson area!

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hunt the majority of Vicksburg and be glad to help. Pm me anything you need help with.

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It may be helpful to find aerial photos or soil maps to show old roads reminants that are no longer in use as you are dealing with many acres.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread