redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Checking in with everybody, been too dang busy at work and it doesn't pay enough to be this busy. Haven't done any dirt fishing in a couple of weeks
and really want to go. Brock hit a deer with his car, hell of a way to put meat in the freezer, hope to get his car back from the shop this weekend.
Ready to get the Blue Dragon back so I can have my freedom. Anyway been trying to keep up with things, know its a little slow with the weather
but hoping we can get some places and times lined up. :skullflag:

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rain has been getting us down lately.
I am going to try to do some mud fishing today in Jasper County.
I am hoping to score an old bottle.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I already have plans to be out of town the next 2 weekends (I will be bringing my detector). I still hope to make it down to H'burg to meet you and your group and hunt with y'all sometime. Anyways, good luck!

Tom Bigbee

Feb 17, 2009
Miss/ Ala
Detector(s) used
1266X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same here with all the rain...couldn't get to one of my spots because I have to cross a small creek which is now flooded.

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome back stranger.
Been cold and wet here.
Our 2 newest perms were chock full of fill dirt.
Have plans to make it out this weekend and swing.

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went up to Jasper County today.
Pulled out a 1904 Indian Head Penny today, a horseshoe, an old bottle, an old Laurel brick, and some pump organ reeds.
Nothing to write home about, but was a lot of fun!

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Has been kinda quiet around here lately. Been cold up here in the northern parts, suns finally starting to warm things up again. I'm planning on getting back out tomorrow to the "unlucky" site I'd hunted twice so far (where I'd found the MS Tax Token). Keeping my fingers crossed.

Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT Pro, and a White's Treasure Master, along with a White's TRX Pinpointer...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only managed to get out a couple of times since Christmas, with my biggest find being a leg off of a pot belly stove and one of the burner plates from I'm assuming the same stove. I think I have found enough nails to build a small home at this point and of course bottle caps and pull tabs are always abundant... Coins seem to avoid me like the plague, as in I can't even find a modern penny... I do have a question for y'all, do any of you ever have vanishing hits, as in you get strong signal, but as you dig 1st it moves and then it goes completely away, this doesn't happen to me occasionally, but frequently and it isn't just with one particular detector....

Slad74

Jun 3, 2015
Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't been detecting since November, so that's over 2 months ago...and the time before that was the same. So I'm saying I've only been like twice since late summer/early fall. I'm thinking I've quit the hobby here. Just been that time of year w/ all the holidays and now the weather, etc. I hope to get back soon with you guys, and in full force! Must....dig....metal....objects....from....dirt!

OP
OP
redbronco

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think we are all in the same boat just a slow time and the weather is screwy. We will just keep working on places to go and be ready. Steve don't forget how to turn the AT on. Once the hunters are out of the woods I will feel better about doing some recon work. Of course if someone lands a good spot, we will bring fresh batteries.

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, here's 4 hours worth for today:
P1290015.JPG

Took the Vaquero this time, with the 10" Wide Scan Elliptical Coil. My permission to hunt this property "expired the end of the month, so I wanted to give it one more shot. I gotta admit, I was disappointed, I had high hopes for this site in the beginning. But, if nothing else, it was a bit of a confidence-builder for gaining permission.

I did have a couple hopefuls today, one being the headstamp, and the other being the remnants of a zinc bottle cap. Freakin' teasers

I'll get 'em next time :thumbsup:

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've only managed to get out a couple of times since Christmas, with my biggest find being a leg off of a pot belly stove and one of the burner plates from I'm assuming the same stove. I think I have found enough nails to build a small home at this point and of course bottle caps and pull tabs are always abundant... Coins seem to avoid me like the plague, as in I can't even find a modern penny... I do have a question for y'all, do any of you ever have vanishing hits, as in you get strong signal, but as you dig 1st it moves and then it goes completely away, this doesn't happen to me occasionally, but frequently and it isn't just with one particular detector....

Yes this happened to me yesterday (was not a really strong signal, but was a deep weak one).
Either I dug it, and flung it with my shovel, or once the hole was dug, the detector could not see it anymore.

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, here's 4 hours worth for today:
View attachment 1266108

Took the Vaquero this time, with the 10" Wide Scan Elliptical Coil. My permission to hunt this property "expired the end of the month, so I wanted to give it one more shot. I gotta admit, I was disappointed, I had high hopes for this site in the beginning. But, if nothing else, it was a bit of a confidence-builder for gaining permission.

I did have a couple hopefuls today, one being the headstamp, and the other being the remnants of a zinc bottle cap. Freakin' teasers

I'll get 'em next time :thumbsup:

CnC this is the same kind of stuff I find lately.
I found a file, a horseshoe, some overall buttons, headstamps, bottles, and some misc old buckles.
Looks like we are hunting old farming sites.

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Sold out...gone fishing...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It happens a lot where an iron item has been in the ground for a long time and leaches into the soil surrounding the item. They seem to always ring up as a coin until you stick your digger in the ground and break up the halo around the item then they return to ringing up as iron...and if you have iron discriminated it just disappears. Might still see it in pin point all metals mode but it usually will be much smaller looking to the detector once it looses its halo of iron oxide.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread