Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Here's a List of the 154 U.S. stores Walmart is closing
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2016/01/15/list-of-walmart-stores-closing/78852898/
Walmart undercuts the local stores forcing them out of business, then they close their stores leaving no grocery stores in many towns. What's wrong with that picture?
Don....

OP
OP
Crappies-n-Coins

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Shows how little they care about "people", and more about profits. I think cities should get a guarantee (in writing) to prevent this from happening. Move into a town, run "mom and pop" out of business, then close-up shop. You have to think it's being done intentionally, so people will just have to go to the neighboring larger town, and shop at the SprawlMart there.

Piggly Wiggly will be getting more of my money in the future. I never was wild about WM anyway, this is just another reason to avoid it. I've bought clothes an shoes from them, and they last no time before coming apart.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shows how little they care about "people", and more about profits. I think cities should get a guarantee (in writing) to prevent this from happening. Move into a town, run "mom and pop" out of business, then close-up shop. You have to think it's being done intentionally, so people will just have to go to the neighboring larger town, and shop at the SprawlMart there.

Piggly Wiggly will be getting more of my money in the future. I never was wild about WM anyway, this is just another reason to avoid it. I've bought clothes an shoes from them, and they last no time before coming apart.

My kids when they were young would call them Walmart Fall apart. They never wanted to wear clothes from Walmart.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread