Finds are slim as of late

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dont feel bad, im right there with ya.
I havent been going much lately, and have not been spending a lot of time online.
When i have gone, i havent been finding much.
Its been kind of slow.
Hopefully things will pick up soon.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
It's out there fellas. Research is the key. You will both be out hunting me again very soon. However, April has been my best month so far....17 silver coins, 2 silver rings. I'm only telling you that to get you fired up again! :sunny:

OP
OP
M

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great news Captain Caveman!
I am glad someone is doing great.
I see your silver list in your signature for 2016, and it is impressive!
I can only dream of a seated quarter.
We are fixing to be in the heat, so I guess I need to stop complaining and get out there and swing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finally hit a silver 1920? mercury today 1/2" down.
Thought it was going to be just a modern clad dime, so I was using my screwdriver, but it did not scratch it too bad.
Also a 1928? wheatie.
Hopefully luck is changing (at least a little).

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
WooHoo! That's what I'm talking about muerte33!!! :hello2:

Slad74

Jun 3, 2015
Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe one day I'll find my FIRST silver coin...maybe...one day. :dontknow:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I have total faith in you Clad Slad! Find some homes built in the 40s or 50s and do some door knocking. Houses built in that time period have a smaller chance of having already been detected and there is always a few silver in those yards! Post your first silver when you dig it!!!

OP
OP
M

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was out on an old football field yesterday that I have detected many times (it was the afternoon and it was HOT).
I got a deep copper signal.
I dug down 7-8 inches. I saw green, pulled it out, and it was a 70's memorial penny.
Later I hit another deep copper signal, and out popped a 1944 wheatie that was solid green (I was expecting MUCH older than 1944).
It is weird how soil conditions vary within the same county.
The Indian Head penny I dug south of this in the park was much less green than this 1944.
I am getting to where I like digging old copper, I want that large cent something fierce now.
Is there any hope of digging a large cent in Jones or a surrounding county?

Here is a link to the video of the Mercury Dime find on 4/28:
https://youtu.be/ecG7RuvP_j8

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT Pro, and a White's Treasure Master, along with a White's TRX Pinpointer...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still new enough at this that digging anything up is better than nothing and I am glad to have finally found that 1st silver dime a couple months back. I've been back to that same location a few times and found nothing but scrap, but then I am not giving up on the place either as at it's worst it is still good practice...

Best wishes to all for some quality dig time and some spectacular finds....

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just bought a new E-TRAC and I been doing ok. I found one silver and a silver ring and ear ring. I also found over $20 in clad in the past week. Everyplace I have hunted has been hunted by others and even myself with my ATP & V3i and I have managed to average over $3 in clad in every hunt which usually lasts from 1-1/2 - 2 hrs.. I hope my luck keeps up..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions