Serious Mississippi Treasure Hunters Only

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, my name is Johnny and I was a serious treasure hunter who now lives in Mississippi. I am 71 years old and have searched for treasure most of my life. I have helped or have found treasure of one kind or another. I would like to give you the benefit of that knowledge and my vast library, only if you want it. I am here to help, if you want it. I will check back every day, several times a day for as long as I can.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love the lesson but I am far far away from ol Miss

OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My knowledge of treasure hunting knows no limits. I gave a friend some information and he later gave me a coin from the treasure he found in Russia. It was part of a long lost treasure he found.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Johnny. do you know of anything of interest around western ny? Ive heard of a chest of gold that was kicked off a train between here and buffalo of the erie rail line but haven't heard of many treasures in my area

OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about narrowing that down a bit. County or city would give a clue. I would really like to help, but I need a point to start. I have never been to New York, and have eighteen sights listed for the state, thirteen that are not pirate related.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about narrowing that down a bit. County or city would give a clue. I would really like to help, but I need a point to start. I have never been to New York, and have eighteen sights listed for the state, thirteen that are not pirate related.

I am in allegany county ny. also stuben county ny is right close. My town is alfred, but there are many surrounding towns and areas I'm willing to venture to

OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that near Chateaugay, I have a friend there. Nothing so far, maybe a year?

I checked ten ways from Sunday and can not find anything that says it ever happened, dos not mean it did not.

Last edited:

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that near Chateaugay, I have a friend there. Nothing so far, maybe a year?

I checked ten ways from Sunday and can not find anything that says it ever happened, dos not mean it did not.

Im way south west from there, near the pa boarder. In elk county pa my cousin and I are also looking into the story of the doctor abducted by indians to treat one of theirs, and saw caves full of treasure. By me in ny all i know of is that we have some oil history.

OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of the mines I have listed are "Mt. Colden" "Adolphus Lavigne" "Nippleton" "Teunis" "Tinker" "Blenheim." I do remember a story about the doctor and the Indians. I will have to dig out some other book. I really do not have that much on New York, mostly because I have never been there. My friend in NY "Retired State Police" will be back next week, he may know more.

OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, nothing about doctors in New York State, must be another place I read it. If you can give me the name of the Indian tribe, I can tell you where they were located in the early 1800's.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, nothing about doctors in New York State, must be another place I read it. If you can give me the name of the Indian tribe, I can tell you where they were located in the early 1800's.

That doctor one is in elk county Pennsylvania not at home in ny. Supposedly native Americans kidnapped a doctor to help one of thier own. Hooded him and took him on a days ride to the cave. He treated the guy (may have been a younger boy?) Then was taken back. He saw multiple rooms in the cave filled with gold and plundered treasure. Guess he spent the rest of his life looking for it. That's about all I was told.

OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I swear it sounds like a story I have read, but can not find it listed in New York or Pennsylvania. I am not sure an Indian would trust a doctor, but I know I have read it before.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I swear it sounds like a story I have read, but can not find it listed in New York or Pennsylvania. I am not sure an Indian would trust a doctor, but I know I have read it before.

Very possible my end of the story could be off, but it's got my cousin running around the hills of pa haha. Th anks for trying!

OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tp, I went to my aunts funeral, when I walked in to the parlor, my uncle came running up to me, hugged me and said: "Johnny, how have you been, I haven,t seen you in years..." I went out for a cup of coffee and when I returned. My uncle came running up to me, hugged me and said: "Johnny, how have you been, I haven,t seen you in years..." This continued for the entire time I was there. "Alzheimer's" I was doing my genealogy and could not find out when and where my parents were married. The only person alive that may have known was my uncle, I asked my cousin to ask him. She did and he remembered every detail, who was there, where it was, the date and who preformed the service. I am think that is almost where I am today. Writing that reminded we that had not eating today. I remember things like they were yesterday, but not yesterday.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Johnny, I understand, grandparents from both sides had alzheimers. I'm probaby next. You should look into lions mane mushrooms. They are supposedly good for their neuron regenerative properties, and are being used to help with dementia.

OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tp, Not my worry, The Alzheimer is kind of fun, no one expects a birthday present from me. I write notes to my self and can't remember what I did with it. I have had a non aggressive cancer for a very long time and now I think I have to decide what to do with, but will I remember that when I see the Doctor? I like remembering things I forgot about. I have started book of my favorite memories, I know I did, but where is it. It is fun remembering them.

Good night.

Last edited:
OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tp, like I said, if you give the name of the tribe I can tell you where they were. I think they started keeping track of them as soon as the ship hit the rock. Plymouth, that is.

Last edited:

ace250rob

May 12, 2017
Richland Ms
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey brother i would love to find some help with finding places in rankin and hinds county ms esp the richland florene area if you could help me out

OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ace, thank you for asking, is there anything particular you had in mind? Gold, silver, Civil War? I know one person who wants to find old rusted metal stuff. Are coin shooting? I checked out your area and it looks like there should be a lot of spots. I haven't look into any of my book, but I know I can keep you busy checking out leads. I use to work work with some guys from that area and would love a trip down memory lane. Among many of my problems is the onset of Alzheimer. I can remember sixty years ago like it was last week, but can't remember if I ate breakfast. So give me your best shot and I will give you mine.

ace250rob

May 12, 2017
Richland Ms
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love any civil war or old outlaw treasure heck even native americans..but since my stroke i cant drive far so it kinda needs to be in rankin or hinds county..and thank you sir i really really appreciate it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread