Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth, I really want to make up for the other leads, the benefits of Alzheimer's "You can't remember five minutes ago, but can remember 65 years ago like it was yesterday. I did a Google Map search and it looks good. Between St. Bernard Hwy. on the south, Livingston Dr. on the north, Keane Dr. on the west and Madison Ave. on the east. In 1950, Ringling Brothers set up there Circus was there in the summer. I know because I was too young to go. In 1951, they were in the field across St. Bernard Hwy. from the Chalmette Monument. I do not think either has been checked with a M/D.

I'm gonna go check it out and don't you worry about leads that don't work out its part of the hunt. I appreciate everything you do for me and that's the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you, I am just here to help.

Is this the area that you're talking about Johnny? IMG_0995.JPG

OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth, when I was younger Virtue Street was just tomato fields on both sides of Paris Road. Later there was a junk yard on the east side of Paris Rd. There was an old legend that a brass cannon was dumped into the swamp on the north side of the levee west of Paris Rd. about fifty to one hundred yards off the Old Paris Rd. My thought was if they knew it was there why didn't they get it. I did find a yellow Jag XKE, in the canal but when we went back with a wrecker it was gone. There ware a lot of old vehicles in the swamp, I remember an old bus that looked like someone was living in it and a Ford Model T. If the cannon story was true there should have been military there. The person who told me was a close friend who in now dead, and his Great-Great-Grandfather was the person who warned the Americans that the British were cumming. At the Marina there was a plaque that had that information on it. I don't know if the British had brass cannons or not.

The first picture is the spot where the circus was. I hope you find some more silver to add to your collection. Across the street is the first school I attended C. F. Rowley

I am not going to wish you luck, I do not want to jinx you, so I will just say have a good day.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth, when I was younger Virtue Street was just tomato fields on both sides of Paris Road. Later there was a junk yard on the east side of Paris Rd. There was an old legend that a brass cannon was dumped into the swamp on the north side of the levee west of Paris Rd. about fifty to one hundred yards off the Old Paris Rd. My thought was if they knew it was there why didn't they get it. I did find a yellow Jag XKE, in the canal but when we went back with a wrecker it was gone. There ware a lot of old vehicles in the swamp, I remember an old bus that looked like someone was living in it and a Ford Model T. If the cannon story was true there should have been military there. The person who told me was a close friend who in now dead, and his Great-Great-Grandfather was the person who warned the Americans that the British were cumming. At the Marina there was a plaque that had that information on it. I don't know if the British had brass cannons or not.

The first picture is the spot where the circus was. I hope you find some more silver to add to your collection. Across the street is the first school I attended C. F. Rowley

I am not going to wish you luck, I do not want to jinx you, so I will just say have a good day.
Johnny, his G G G-father would have been one of several that warned everyone. One, of course, would have been Paul Revere (at least history says so) and another was a woman. Also, if you say the British were cumming.... I'll take your word for it (ha ha!). ╦╦Ç

OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, I am sorry I should have stated "The Battle of New Orleans, 1814" not to be confused with the second Battle of New Orleans, 1862. Thanks for keeping me straight.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, I am sorry I should have stated "The Battle of New Orleans, 1814" not to be confused with the second Battle of New Orleans, 1862. Thanks for keeping me straight.
OOPS! I will also clarify. I was thinking of Boston (one if by land, two if by sea). Sorry. ╦╦Ç

OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth: There is a couple of places we have over looked. If you want doubloons, the area near St. Bernard Hwy. The parades pass there, so you should not search there unless you like digging. Along the area near the railroad tracks, between the hwy. and the government property. Writing this I am thinking, "I hope he is not in jail."

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth: There is a couple of places we have over looked. If you want doubloons, the area near St. Bernard Hwy. The parades pass there, so you should not search there unless you like digging. Along the area near the railroad tracks, between the hwy. and the government property. Writing this I am thinking, "I hope he is not in jail."

Not yet! lol I get enough doubloons I got 2 today at the local park. I have left far from the house, a permission fell through they had a change of heart. Ugggh. I'm telling you Johnny I have a obsession for that old silver. A gold ring doesn't even do it for me like old coins do.

Last edited:
OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked on my grand daughter and she still has all of the Coins I gave her. Maybe when she gets older she will start treasure hunting. Her older sister is a "Gold-Digger" She is not looking for Mr. Right, unless he is Mr, Rich. Catch you later.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just checked on my grand daughter and she still has all of the Coins I gave her. Maybe when she gets older she will start treasure hunting. Her older sister is a "Gold-Digger" She is not looking for Mr. Right, unless he is Mr, Rich. Catch you later.

I'm trying to do some Civil War research in Harrisonburg La. Hell if I can find a spot I'll go rent a room out there. Talk to you later Johnny

OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth, I have all Civil War maps of every engagement or troop movement I will post the map you need when I return about 9:30 P.M.

theDmannn

Tenderfoot
Sep 16, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Intrigued.....but what's the prison time you're referring to? I like sluicing, panning, and metal detecting. If I find a little treasure here and there, I'm happy. I think the only way I'd go to prison is if I went full-blown Nic Cage and found a "national treasure" and tried to sell it to the Russians.....Just kidding, of course. I understand that there are certain laws pertaining to land, mineral rights, and if someone were to find a significant amount of "treasure", otherwise, I'm not too concerned.8-)

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Intrigued.....but what's the prison time you're referring to? I like sluicing, panning, and metal detecting. If I find a little treasure here and there, I'm happy. I think the only way I'd go to prison is if I went full-blown Nic Cage and found a "national treasure" and tried to sell it to the Russians.....Just kidding, of course. I understand that there are certain laws pertaining to land, mineral rights, and if someone were to find a significant amount of "treasure", otherwise, I'm not too concerned.8-)

He's referring too a spot he detected years ago and when I went I got a aggressive scolding because it is now federal land. He was making a joke :)

OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth, it was like pulling teeth. I found three maps if you can recognize anything on any I will clear it up and re-post it. I do not that area at all. LA-1.jpg LA-2.jpg LA-3.jpg

OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the maps I have are not arranged by city, county, or even state, but by battle of campaign, or generals.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Johnny I also have a lawyer friend of mine who owns some land on Shell Beach. He actually owns a big lot right across the street from the main waterway. If he calls me back tomorrow I'm going to go there and then head to da Parish where you said that circus was when you where young. I hope the grass isn't high. I'm planning on going all out tomorrow. I'm gonna print these out on my printer now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread