Serious Treasure Hunters Only

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same here except Ambien no longer works for me. I believe they changed it because of people eating and driving in their sleep. I suffer from an anxiety and insomnia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you taking the 5mg. or 10mg.? 5 pooped out for me and they upped it to the 10mg pill. Stupid PFs (Viets) in my command would sleep on ambush. Those that awoke to stand up got killed when the shooting started. One close enough to cover me with blood. So, now I am afraid of the dark and refuse to sleep unless sedated. Still pretty rough for me. ╦╦Ç

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you taking the 5mg. or 10mg.? 5 pooped out for me and they upped it to the 10mg pill. Stupid PFs (Viets) in my command would sleep on ambush. Those that awoke to stand up got killed when the shooting started. One close enough to cover me with blood. So, now I am afraid of the dark and refuse to sleep unless sedated. Still pretty rough for me. ╦╦Ç

When my anxiety was at it worst I'd be up for 48hrs. I could actually hear the anxiety it was tickle the hairs in my ears. I can take 2 10mg's an nothing. That's why I can detect so much I work out of my office at home on my own time at night and many time I'll go detecting in the morning with no sleep and then at total exhaustion I'll go to sleep. I lost everything in Katrina ( houses, wife, job ) Being in the mortgage business all loans stop in the money ran out quick. I had a nervous break down which they say was PDSD. I don't like saying I have PTSD because I feel that that is for military only, so out of respect I just say I have extreme anxiety. My wife says I'm the most outgoing loaner she's ever met. It's crazy. I've always suffered from an anxiety which is why I had an alcohol and drug problem, which is easy to have in New Orleans. I'm blessed to say I've been sober for 14 years. I appreciate your service and I do understand a lot of what you go through but also I know that your eyes have seen things that mine have not. May God be with you my friend [emoji1148]

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When my anxiety was at it worst I'd be up for 48hrs. I could actually hear the anxiety it was tickle the hairs in my ears. I can take 2 10mg's an nothing. That's why I can detect so much I work out of my office at home on my own time at night and many time I'll go detecting in the morning with no sleep and then at total exhaustion I'll go to sleep. I lost everything in Katrina ( houses, wife, job ) Being in the mortgage business all loans stop in the money ran out quick. I had a nervous break down which they say was PDSD. I don't like saying I have PTSD because I feel that that is for military only, so out of respect I just say I have extreme anxiety. My wife says I'm the most outgoing loaner she's ever met. It's crazy. I've always suffered from an anxiety which is why I had an alcohol and drug problem, which is easy to have in New Orleans. I'm blessed to say I've been sober for 14 years. I appreciate your service and I do understand a lot of what you go through but also I know that your eyes have seen things that mine have not. May God be with you my friend [emoji1148]

Don't sell yourself short. PTSD is a legitimate battle scar. I wear my as a badge of honor. What else can I do? Keep the faith, friend. Terry

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
45th_johnny, do you have information on Whitley's treasure on what is now fort benning? Seems to not be hardly any information about it now besides it being buried near outpost 1. Also, do you have any information about lost mines or indian and Spanish treasure? I know that Alabama and georgias gold rush started around 1830, but there is old literature about a gentleman by the name of Hernandez Desoto landed in Florida and met with a young indian that had discussed gold mining in the mountains to the north (what I'm assuming is the appalachains). This exchange of words happened in 1540....300 years before Georgia's gold rush. Any info about mines or treasure legends for Alabama and Georgia would be great! I know of a few other, but couldn't give exact details off the top of my head right now.

OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JC, Nothing about Ft Benning, except if you go there they may send you to someplace you don't want to be. I will check and get back with that. I do not think De Soto went that way, I he cut across the state in a west by north west direction. De Soto National Forrest is across the street from me. I think it may have been Fosco De Gamma who ended up searching for the Seven Cities of Gold, not sure on that either. The first real gold rush was in North Carolina about 1798, a young boy found s large gold colored rock and brought it home and it was used as a door stop. Around 1804 the rock was sold by his father for around $9.00, and the poop hit the fan. "Gold Fever" the first Gold Rush. Around 1814 gold was found in Delonga, Ga, and the next rush was started. This was followed by Calif-a-fornaction in 1849 and then Alaska. North Carolina is still producing some gold as is Georgia etc... I will get back to you on Ft. Benning and De Gamma.

Terry/Truth, you need to drink more coffee, stay up as long as you can and pass out, like I do. Off to empty my bladder to make more room for coffee.

Last edited:
OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JC, Still nothing on Ft. Benning. It was Alvar De Vaca 1540, and the Indians lied to get him to leave Mississippi. De Soto came in 1542 and died at the Mississippi River near Ferriday Louisiana. The Hometown of Jimmy Swagart Jerry Lee Lewis, Mickey Gillie and a host of other noted personalities. I know about thirty years ago you could still go prospecting in Dahlonega, Ga. as well as North Carolina and California, as well as Alaska. There is also gold being found in just about every state in the U.S. Remember "Gold Is Where You Find It. The fun is in the search.

OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, My old computer crashed and burned. I picked up a smaller one to use while my monster is rebuilt.

OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honest Samuel, sounds like a name Ben Franklin would use. What can I do you out of today?

OP
OP
45th_Johnny

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry & Truth: I was tired of them saying I had PTSD and I kept saying I did not, but I finely excepted the 10% increase to 100%. My VA check jumped a bunch. It is weird, you would think 10% would give 10% more money, but it was a hell-of-a-lot more. The way it works is they give you 100% of your worst injure, 50% of your next, 25% etc... When I could not work, because of surgeries I would beg for 100% based on Un-Employability. Social security telling me I did not have a claim. When I was able to work I stopped asking. My psychiatrics said I should apply for the PTSD. It took a lot of the stress off of me. Over thirty-six surgeries, I was shot in both hands, both legs, both arms and my chest.

I ran into a friend who retired after 30 years, never wounded, PTSD, can't adjust to peacetime, I guess. Up all night catches naps in the daytime. Having PTSD does not mean you are going out and kill somebody, you just react to stress differently. When I was a cop I was in my element. I would run in when others ran away. Had the chance to kill quite a few, but did not. There were a few who put a pistol in my face and I would take it away and shove it down there throat. Only one ever complained.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread