beaches?

TunnelRat

Mar 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best beaches near here are in Florida. Mississippi's beach from Ocean Springs to Waveland is man-made. You can find some newer coins and a bit of jewelry on occasion that tourists occasionally drop but since the economy has taken a down turn, there are beginning to be fewer of them as well. I wish you luck.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I enjoy hunting the MS beaches when I go down there about once a month. However, like TunnelRat said, I don't find much.

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe when it really cools down, we can do the beach thing. Once the meat hunters, which I am one, are in the woods, that will slow down that type of MDing. I would be up for digging in the sand. Know there has been a lot of beach activity this year so maybe we can find a good spot.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll let you know the next time I head to the coast. It looks like it will be late October or early November.

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Sold out...gone fishing...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe when it really cools down, we can do the beach thing. Once the meat hunters, which I am one, are in the woods, that will slow down that type of MDing. I would be up for digging in the sand. Know there has been a lot of beach activity this year so maybe we can find a good spot.

I wanted to get out there on a deep winter low tide and go out onto the exposed wet sand. I'm convinced that's where most of the jewelry is lost.

Might have to give it a try this year...the wet sand drives most detectors crazy though.

Cecil

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to Biloxi end of the month. What's the possibility of taking the Ferry to whatever Island it goes to?
Thanks, Marvin

muerte33

Jun 27, 2015
Southern Mississippi!
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Nel Storm Coil, XP Deus 11" Coil, Minelab Equinox 600, White's TRX, Teknetics TekPoint, XP MI-6 Pinpointers, Lesche shovels
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you talking about the Ship Island tour that leaves from the Gulfport harbor?
I don't think you can metal detect on Ship Island.
BonePicker or Chacuff may want to chime in on this.
I have always wanted to detect on Cat Island.

bonepicker

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2012
MS, Lynchberg
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was wondering about that myself!
The ferry is seasonal and runs out of Gulfport harbor.
The island is part of Gulf Islands National Seashore Park Sys. State/Fed Park sys. Says MD not allowed on their website.
Even though u cant detect there, Ship Island is still a nice place to visit.
Water is clear, fishing is good, and fort Massachusetts is there. You can go inside and do a tour of the fort.

TunnelRat

Mar 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stand corrected. Are you still making the trips here? Jim

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunt the beaches occasionally but for the most part it's all newer clad and the occasional ring. They are hunted so hard by tourists that nothing accumulates but the way most tourists hunt I doubt they find anything. They walk faster than I can run and swing their coils in an arc that ends up 2' above the ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread