Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys, new member here, and also new to detecting. I've thought about getting into the hobby for a couple of years now. I finally bought an ACE 250 last year. Two guys I know personally who said they might go detecting with me aren't able to do it now, so I'm looking for a local buddy or two and some places to go. I'm from South Mississippi, and I saw this thread on here. I couldn't believe I found local people posting on a detecting forum. I didn't really know if anyone around here was into this hobby. I haven't really found any places to go. I've thought about a few, but I know this hobby is all about permission, permission, permission...and I don't know who to ask for some places, such as ball fields, parks, etc. I won't be able to go that often, but I also don't want my detector to just collect dust. I want to get out there and do this! Have y'all formed a local club yet? I'd appreciate any tips, ideas, or help. Thanks!

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Slad, good to have another MDer in the area. We do have a small group/club with about 5 MDers who go when we can. Most of the schools, ballfields, etc are ok to hunt, been hit a 1,000 times but always pull something out of the ground. We are working on some spots to hunt but nothing new now. We might have a couple of lots to try this Saturday, if you are around. I can PM you and let you know where/when we are going to meet. We have started a facebook page, South Mississippi Relic Team, hope to plan more hunts shortly and put a lot more finds on there.

Slad74

Jun 3, 2015
Mississippi, USA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend
ML Equinox 700
ML Equinox 800 (sold)
Garrett PP AT
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 250 (sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, that all sounds amazing! I am not sure if I will be available this Saturday or not; I have to play each weekend by ear. Know what I mean? OK, I'm following that Facebook page now, too! This is pretty exciting! Thanks for the info and the warm welcome!

coastal_digger

Greenie
Aug 29, 2015
Detector(s) used
Fisher new Gold Bug, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher CZ-5, Tesoro Cortes. Garrett Propointer and Tinytec pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just reading the posts here about the group. I live in N. Biloxi area, and was wondering if the group is still going? I am a new member here, and was looking to find other detectorists in Mississippi, Louisiana and Alabama. Outside of the Mississippi coast area, I have only hunted areas in S. Alabama, such as Mobile and Spanish Fort. :happysmiley:

Jblack

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes we are still around and pretty active we are a pretty lax group you are welcome to come on any hunt we go on and if you have any were you know of to go that would be great too

coastal_digger

Greenie
Aug 29, 2015
Detector(s) used
Fisher new Gold Bug, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher CZ-5, Tesoro Cortes. Garrett Propointer and Tinytec pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes we are still around and pretty active we are a pretty lax group you are welcome to come on any hunt we go on and if you have any were you know of to go that would be great too

Thanks for quick reply :thumbsup:
This Monday (Labor Day, believe is the 7th) a friend and I were discussing trying to go somewhere around the New Orleans area to hunt- although we are not that familiar with things there (he has hunted there before, and found some very cool things- believe was a small group hunt- but pretty much neither one of us are familiar with the area). Also open to something around Mobile area. Are others here familiar with New Orleans area and maybe would like to go?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread