OP
OP
shemp4

shemp4

Jun 17, 2005
Ocean Springs, Ms.
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO
keith, i sent you an e-mail. i have a few others that are interested also, lets talk, you are not that far from me. thanks, joe

salty dog

Aug 10, 2005
Southern Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Garrett GTP 1350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Hi Joe,
I've been metal detecting for about three years now and I'm also interested in finding a club near by. I think it would be great to get together with others who enjoy treasure hunting.
I live in the Petal area, just out side of Hattiesburg.
I've met a couple of other detectorist and have heard of a few others around here.
If you hear of anything, please let me know also.

Robert

OP
OP
shemp4

shemp4

Jun 17, 2005
Ocean Springs, Ms.
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO
hi robert, it seems that we do have a few interested parties! i actually have been talking with a couple of guys down here on the coast that would be interested in forming a group. we are all newbies!! i think keith is close to you. give me a call when you get a chance 228-324-9838 maybe after the first of the year we can all get together and try to put something together. happy holidays. joe

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
You guys might try contacting the 'Mayor'.He has a detector shop in Biloxi.Here is his profile;

Hey...
Why are you looking at The Mayors profile? You should KNOW who The Mayor is!!!......Oh,...you just started detecting and are trying to find out who is who. Well..in that case then let me tell ya' bout The Mayor.
The Mayor was created by Ronnie Hyer of Magnolia Springs, Alabama back around 1997.
Magnolia Springs is not a city or even a town. It is just a tiny community on the Magnolia River in Baldwin County Alabama. There is no real mayor or any public officials in Magnolia Springs. Laying awake one night Ronnie was thinking that it would be great if Magnolia Springs did have a mayor. Knowing that there is no one alive that could better perform the job..he just up and announced that he is to be known forever more and from here forward as "The Mayor"
The Mayor has been metal detecting since 1968. Typically he goes relic hunting in the winter and water hunts all summer. He is now using a Cibola as primary machine with an MXT as a back up machine. The Mayor uses a Minelab Excalibur or a custom built pulse in the water.
His regular hunting partners are MagnumPi, Shawn, Mike & Karen King, Capt Jim and John Travelstead. The Mayor and MagnumPi has hunted together for years making many outstanding finds in the water and on land. They are best friends for life and have many adventures to remember....and many more left to enjoy.
The Mayor is 53 years young as of 2004. His very understanding wife's name is LeeAnn. They have between them 7 children and two grand children.
You can find him all over the Technology Forum,
http://www.thetreasuredepot.com/cgi-bin/tek/tek_config.pl

CaptJohn

Sep 6, 2006
Fairhope Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a side note, I read were Magnolia Spring has incorportated recently... I'll have to try and look him up.

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still interested in meeting up with more MDers, do some hunting, research, finding new places to go. Right now just myself and GSM in Hattiesburg, can't seemed to get people to meet and see if they want to organize. Know its hard to make the time between work and the rest of the stuff that makes everyday life. I think it would be great to get a group of folks who like MDing, history, etc. and see what we can come up with. Seems to be a good bit of interest, just need to pick a time and place to meet up and see whats on everyone's minds.

OP
OP
shemp4

shemp4

Jun 17, 2005
Ocean Springs, Ms.
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO
Hey Guys, I originally started this thread almost 6 years ago!! well I had moved away ( job) for the last 4years but finally made it back to the Mississippi Gulfcoast! , I will be kinda busy for the next couple of weeks ( waiting to close on house in Ocean Springs) but would really like to try and get together with some of you guys.
so in the next two weeks lets get some suggestions on a central area to meetup here on the coast, sit down and make some plans for some hunts in the fall., or if you want to get out in a few weeks im game!! Joe

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 years now, and I haven't hunted with at pro in the water. Should have a sand scoop by now, but I can't decide on one. If I put out 100-$150, it better be what I need. Beach or land is cool with me.
I'd be there for a meet and greet. Preferably Gulf Port or Bay Saint Louis. Coffee/lunch.
Lets make it happen.
Ray

OP
OP
shemp4

shemp4

Jun 17, 2005
Ocean Springs, Ms.
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO
Ray, I'm off next Tuesday, Wednesday , Thursday 20th 21st and 22nd. I am all for a meet and greet! we could meet up somewhere in Gulfport if you would like, it would have to be later in the afternoon though. Joe

OP
OP
shemp4

shemp4

Jun 17, 2005
Ocean Springs, Ms.
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO
I forgot to mention that I have a couple sand scoops and you are more than welcome to use one if we go to the beach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread