New MS Forum Member

ccdog

May 4, 2008
Crystal Springs, Mississippi
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New forum member here. Jeff in Copiah County. Love to hunt (when time permits!) Not many guys in my area that are very interested in the hobby. I have limited access to hunting spots - mostly old home sites. Love to hunt civil war sites, but have lost my "connections" over the years. If anyone is ever in the area and looking for a metal detecting partner, send me a message. Also, if anyone has any information they'd like to share about hunting sites in Copiah County, I'd love to hear it - (not necessarily specific locations, but finds, etc.)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum. Get that 'tector and show us some finds! Where are you located? Not familiar with that county. Monty

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey CCDOG, Nice to have you aboard. Always looking for some one to MD with and new areas to try. You should have some good places to search around that neck of the woods. There seems to be several new people on this forum in the last couple of months. I will try to keep you posted on anything we have going on down this way and if any one wants to make a road trip.

HalfSpeed

Feb 10, 2008
Enid, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II, Ace 250's (2), Cobra Beach Magnet
Welcome to the forum Jeff. I'm also a newbie north of you in Enid, MS. I've been playing with the detector for a few months here and never seen another MDer swinging. Heading for the MS coast in the morning to try some beach hunting. Will be trying out the Hollywood RV park at Bay St. Louis. MDing the beaches by day and the slots my night. Would be nice to find enough to pay for the entertainment....but not likely :tard:

HalfSpeed

Feb 10, 2008
Enid, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II, Ace 250's (2), Cobra Beach Magnet
ccdog said:
Thanks, guys. Dempsey, good luck with those slots!

haha.... My wife usually wins back what I lose. She don't know that your supposed to re-invest your winnings back to the slots. She just cashes out.......

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If paying your way is your goal, you can do it and it doesn't take long especially working the beaches. But you will soon find that paying your way isn't what it's all about. The challenge of the hunt and the thrill of discovery will soon overtake your desire to get ahead monitarily. That's especially true if you get into relic hunting. Just the thrill of holding something you have found in your hand and imagining who might have dropped it let's say during the Civil War, and knowing you are the first person to touch it since that soldier in the 1860s. That's what it's all about. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions