Any MDers close to Enid Lake?

boopsie1314

Mar 14, 2006
mississippi
Re: Any MD'ers close to Enid Lake?

yes,i do,i live on grenada lake and hunt there,but you have to go to the ranger's station and get a permit for mding first.doesn't cost anything,but you'll get a ticket with out it if you get caught.

OP
OP
HalfSpeed

HalfSpeed

Feb 10, 2008
Enid, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II, Ace 250's (2), Cobra Beach Magnet

Hey Boopsie. Yeah, I got the permit and did get checked once. They were very nice when checking though. As I understand it, the permit covers all Corp of Engineers lakes. I've been doing a little hunting on the swim beaches and in the tot lots. Only found 1 silver ring and lots of clad along with buckets of Bud Lite bottle caps. Still it's a lot of fun and relaxation. It's probably the same around Grenada. Any interesting finds there?

jerkbate

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2008

I live in Coffeeville about 5 minutes from the Gum's Crossing area. A friend and I just bought metal detectors this past summer. We've been doing some detecting around Grenada Lake. It's about the same as far as finds. I've looked around Enid some, but I'm a lot more familiar with Grenada.

OP
OP
HalfSpeed

HalfSpeed

Feb 10, 2008
Enid, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II, Ace 250's (2), Cobra Beach Magnet

hi jerkbait. Welcome to this forum. I've never tried Grenada lake. At Enid I've done the tot lots and beaches. With the lake so low I look for the party spots away from the pay beaches. Lots of sinkers, pull tabs and clad. Nothing to brag about except the fun of the hunt. Looking forward to seeing you post some great finds on here. Happy hunting.

May 10, 2008
memphis, tn
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT, TEJON, XCAL 2

i water hunted the hell out of them last year, got thrown out each time,,,,,,lots of people of the beaches,,,but never found any good rings,,,,,,

Saddletramp

Greenie
Feb 2, 2009
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
MXT

Hi All, Not to far from Coffeeville myself. My wife, Grand Kids and I have been th'ing for years. I didn't even know there was anyone else around here into the hobby.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound

Welcome aboard Saddletramp. You need to click on New Post under the Mississippi site and tell a little about yourself. Lot of good people here will give you a proper welcome. :thumbsup:

rogerjdundee

Dec 27, 2009
moonlake,ms.

Hello, Im at moonlake,ms.I got on this web site over christmas,but we have been picking up old bottles and looking for maps of civilwar ships that went down in moonlake.

Roger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread