Wyaconda River in N.east Mo.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
does anyone have a access into this river? im want to punch 1 hole into this river. either into the old channel or the new.id prefer the old channel.im looking at Lewis ,Clark or Scotland countys. id only want to access this for 1 weekend . hopefully ill hit bedrock in the mean time! the further north the better.id split the material 50/50 with you! all you have todo is gain access for me.no lifting/carring/dredge tending/no gas money/no listening to my old jokes unless youd like to! all you have todo is bring your buckets and watch the split. no mess will be left behind! no trees/brush cut! all trash will be removed by me..i do a no sign left behind camping!straight up no bull!

OP
OP
R

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
im wanting to put my 4 inch dredge into that river and punch 1 hole there into the river bottom to see what i can find and try to get to bedrock.this river bottom should have good gold in it as well as other stones/gems. if nothing else, it would be a good swimming/fishing hole for the landowner.and the fish would enjoy a deep cool hole for in the hot summer days.

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
florida and everywhere....
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
I have some people up there.I have no idea what you want to do?I know you said "punch a hole in it".With what?Dynomite? ....Or on someones land?.....What do you mean? Why cant you just go down to the rivers edge and have at it?
What is a dredge?

OP
OP
R

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
my dredge is a homemade floating device that sucks gravels from the streambed and proccess them in the sluicebox over a set of riffels. the gold and heavy objects get trappped in the riffels and the waste rock are returned to the stream a couple of feet from where they were sucked up from. thew River looks a little merky from google earth picture that ive seen, so the day after im done, you probly wont even see where i was working. but the fish wiould benifit from it because of the deeper hole to keep cool in during the summer and fall heat.it is powered by a 6.5 h.p. 4 stroke gas engine and the entire dredge is about 150/200lbs. ans is about 6 foot long by 4 foot wide. and it is fairly quite.you would have a hard time hearing this dredge 30 yards (or less)from the stream..by saying "punch a hole" i mean suck the rocks/gravels from the river bottom and try to get to bedrock. i guess i could just float down the river and get to a point that looks good, but i prefer to ask for permission from the land owners (both sides of the stream)prior to any activity on my part. i usually invite them down to actually see what im doing and how its done correctly.i dont like anyone haveing second thoughts about what im doing in "their" stream.i will not tresspass on anyones land,never have and never will! no dynomite.no chemicals,no trash! my geology proff. in St.Louis floated this Wyaconda River and he told me/showed me some of the minerals he saw and collected while up there. ive been dredgeing all over the United States and would like to dredge in my home state. im from St.Louis. what else would you like to know?

OP
OP
R

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
well anyway it turns out i want to thankyou for inquiring and asking your friend! ive been wanting to get up there for 3 years now. lots of private land and i respect their rights/opinions.

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
florida and everywhere....
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
Talked to my uncle yesterday,they sold the land they had!.Hell, I didnt even know that.Been gone from the river for almost a year he says... :o

OP
OP
R

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
sure would have been nice to have a access point but i guess im going to buy somemore plat books for these countys to show the landowners and just go up there and see where id like to put in at and float down to. i printed out most of this river, the old channel,new channel and the straightened channel to the Mississippi River. ill just have to go up there and give it a lookie see. might have to wait untill a warmer day and some of that Iowa snow is gone.

greenerlumber

Mar 4, 2013
Mexico, MO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Russ,

Did you ever get to punch a hole in the Wyaconda??
Just wondered as I was surveying it with google earth the other night and it does look promising.
Rich.

amie812

Mar 23, 2014
Kahoka, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites Prisim 6T
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm...I live in Clark county and know a lot of people...i might be able to get somewhere with this. Never thought about dredging the Wyaconda but i have a couple other places I have wondered about. I spend a lot of time in the creeks and rivers here, I hunt for artifacts, geodes, fossils, bones and whatever else I find. I will have to do some talkin' to my locals!

greenerlumber

Mar 4, 2013
Mexico, MO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hmmm...I live in Clark county and know a lot of people...i might be able to get somewhere with this. Never thought about dredging the Wyaconda but i have a couple other places I have wondered about. I spend a lot of time in the creeks and rivers here, I hunt for artifacts, geodes, fossils, bones and whatever else I find. I will have to do some talkin' to my locals!

If you have someplace in that area we can access to prospect and you want to go just give me a shout. I'll bring my FB sluice and gear and we'll see if there is any color in your neck of the woods. This is a good time of the year for it as most of the streams will have enough flow to run the sluice. Just PM me.
Rich.

tim185

Jan 7, 2014
Hannibal, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have someplace in that area we can access to prospect and you want to go just give me a shout. I'll bring my FB sluice and gear and we'll see if there is any color in your neck of the woods. This is a good time of the year for it as most of the streams will have enough flow to run the sluice. Just PM me.
Rich.

Are you still interested in this area of northeast MO?
Tim

OP
OP
R

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Ive had some medical issues for the last couple of years that finnaly got taken care of. BUT I sold my 4 inch dredge and now ive found another 4 inch dredge that im working on buying and Im currently waiting on a phone call from the current owner of the dredge. Ill buy it if he calls me back! abd IF-SO Ill PM you and talk! Thanks for checking into this! Russ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread