Parks to hunt in Sprinfield area?

history_buff

Feb 10, 2008
sw missouri
Detector(s) used
whites spectrum and fisher f5
Hey...I dont post too often...Not often enough.I dont live in Springfield anymore.Used to live in Bolivar and Ozark at one time.Have you ever tried Zagoni park? There was a skirmish there.Its dont off of scenic I think? :icon_scratch:..I always thought with a good sized search coil Just maybe theres some stuff still lurking and to boot maybe if you knock on some doors around it with a disarming smile you can detect close to it too?.......Don

OP
OP
hollywood13185

hollywood13185

Jan 18, 2009
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett GTP 1350, Ace 250, Detector Pro Pistol Probe
Hey Don thanks for the tip. Ive not heard of that park but Bran and I will definately look into to it.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard of the park... I've been to the park... I have not detected at the park.
This I have heard though,
http://www.uhnaspringfieldmo.com/phelpsgrovepark-haunted

I've parked with some friends back during my first or second year of college, with our headlights pointing at the mentioned bridge... then shut off the lights. We're pretty sure we saw her...

I didn't realize the park had that much history though. It might be worth checkin' out!

Bran <><

Horn

Greenie
Feb 18, 2009
Buffalo Mo
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Toltec II
Hey guys, i live up in Buffalo. I have never really hunted the springfield parks/area. If you guys get together sometime and feel like some company lemme know, i would be interested in joining ya. I wasnt really sure if we could dig in the parks or not myself, but thats good to know.

OP
OP
hollywood13185

hollywood13185

Jan 18, 2009
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
We'll definately get ahold of ya Horn. Once the weather gets warmer Ill try to be out almost every weekend. :icon_thumleft:

Horn

Greenie
Feb 18, 2009
Buffalo Mo
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Toltec II
Thanks man. I didnt get to get out as much this last year as i would have otherwise liked, but I plan on this year being different. Went out the last two weekends, to an hold turn on the century foundation on the back of my dads land (nothing yet). I just got my new Cortez today, so i'm gung ho to go again.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Y'all need to check out a club meeting sometime, lots of people to hunt with and share hunt site's with. Meeting's are the first Tuesday of each month at 7pm. at the New Beginnings Church on farm road 368. Just turn north on Golden off Republic Road, go about 1/2 mile and turn west on Farm road 368, the Church is down about 1/2 mile on the right. Farm Road 368 is basically in between Republic Road and West Battlefield. Our new Detecting 101 class starts up at the next meeting. Drop by and check it out what we are finding around here. The classes are free. Tim

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might try and get out there. I've been thinking about it for a while... thanks for the invite Tim. :)

Bran <><

OP
OP
hollywood13185

hollywood13185

Jan 18, 2009
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Hey Bran sorry it took me so long to get to the thread, Ive been workin my but off. Good I guess ??? Ya those were some neat bullets. I have found some similar to those on my parents property. I also think they might be modern. What area was that? I would definately go to the 417 relic hunter meetings but I work Mon- Fri day and night. Usually have the weekends off but the weather always seems to ruin that for now. Ill probly only work days come this summer and Id definately go with ya to the meetings, I think they'd be awsome. Well lets hope for some more of those 70 degree days. :thumbsup: Josh

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, Nick said he thought they were modern wad-cutter bullets when he looked at 'em. Oh well, they were still really fun to dig up... especially so many! It was actually over at Nathaneal Greene, believe it or not... and in the midst of looking for info on the park, I found an 1863 map overlay for the Battle of Springfield... with the forts marked out, as well as skirmishes and such. I got on my LiveMap account and put pushpins in all the spots, some are right on a couple parks by MSU. I may get out when it warms up. And yeah, if I'm here over the Summer, maybe we can swing some of those meetings. Try not to get worn out with work in the meantime! :)

Bran <><

Norris

Dec 17, 2006
Hey Guys & Gals; Just a little correction. 417 Relic Hunters meeting site is New Beginning Church on Farm Road 168 not on "368 " a previously posted. Metal Detecting 101 Classes start at 6:30pm on the 1st Tue. of each month. Take Golden street south from Battlefield Rd. then, Take Farm Rd. 168 west off Golden street, about 1/4 mi. to the Church.

AzHal

May 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
My dad grew up in Springfield and left there in the mid 40's. I have always wanted to go back there and Metal detect. Listening to his stories about the swimming hole and all of the different farms he worked on. But it is a long ways from Arizona to Missouri. But please keep us posted on what you find, it helps feed the dream of going back.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey y'all! Well, I moved back to Florida in 2009 and proceeded to meet my wife (from Springfield) while she was on vacation down here at my church. Needless to say, we dated, got engaged, married and now have 2 kids. But we're all going to be flying up to Springfield for a week to visit her family next month (October). Just wondering if anyone is left from this thread that might be interested doing a little detecting. I'm now using the new Nokta Legend and was thinking of bringing it and my relic gear with me up there. Not sure if I'll detect public spots, or if I can get permission from anyone in my wife's family or my old friends up there to detect their properties. I'd just like to find anything old. 🙏🏽

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions