OP
OP
hns11550

hns11550

Sep 23, 2006
St Louis Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
When do you all think is a good time to go down there. I have been looking at maps, and the areas I am interested in area mainly the huzzah creek areas. I am making a list of the areas I am wanting to check out. My concern is if we wait too long into the spring or summer, we will have too many people to deal with down there, but if we go too early when the weather is warmer, but not hot, people will not want to go. I am not interested in wading the water, but there is a ton of areas to hunt along there where the water doesn't normally flow when the rivers are down. What are your thoughts. I am a die hard and am out in the heat, and the cold, I just don't want to contend with a bunch of drunk people on the river while I'm digging their jewelry and junk out of the river. Does anyone else have any good ideas or locations down there we could hit?

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I would think that late in the summer when the water level is down would be the best time to detect but for a spring hunt mid to late june would probably work.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Deep woods off, essential, boots, essential, water, essential patience, a must

MoTwister

Apr 27, 2007
Joplin, MO
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Turbo, Fisher 1280-X, Aquapulse.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Darn sounds like hunting in Florida. But without the gators.

OP
OP
hns11550

hns11550

Sep 23, 2006
St Louis Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Well, I am going to go down there next month. I think it would be best to go down there before all of the leaves are back on the trees and before the bugs are out. If anyone is still interested, please let me know. I am planning a late March trip.

bcs123

Aug 15, 2006
missouri
Detector(s) used
mxt
thats like 20 miles from me :) im in just say when

as far as other spots over by me around rolla theres lots of CW stuff to be dug.

templar

Feb 11, 2009
Cass County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Would need to know the dates to see if it would work, but if you would not mind a rank amateur coming along that sounds like fun!

cwlead

Mar 24, 2008
Hi sounds interesting I live about 8 miles from Huzzah canoe rental on highway 8 east I have a small field that I can bush hog so it will be mowed close to the ground if it given some notice if someone wants to camp there. I've lived here all my life and can tell you that in the summer time the Merimac river and the Huzzah is full of drunks and lunatics that have no respect for anyone. I have hunted around Huzzah canoe rental and camp ground and have found civil war relics there, The problem with this aria getting permission to hunt Bob Cottrell is the owner and getting permission to hunt on this land it just depends on what mood he's in that day. As far an the outlaw loot near the town of Huzzah, belongs to a distant relative of mine, my mother was Halbert and if you do research of this aria I am almost related to everyone here in some way or another. I have spoke to an uncle about looking on this place and he was discouraged about this place seems she doesn't trust anyone so haven't asked. I work two weeks on and two weeks off so I'm here two weeks at a time fool time. If you want to talk e more about what I Know about this aria E-mail me I will provide my phone# Happy Hunting

MOMXT

Tenderfoot
Jun 16, 2005
S.W. Missouri
Sounds fun to me too, I like a lot of you would need to know as far in advance as possible to arrange time off from work. I am just east of Springfield so a fair distance away, but it would be lots of fun.

Boilermaker27

Oct 16, 2003
St. Louis
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon/Minelab Safari/Minelab Excalibur2
why don't you just blab all the good spots around. I have lots of private spots in your area and you are blabbing it all over the internet. Next thing I know I will be kicked out. You need to learn what treasure hunting is all about. It's alright to bring a few people, but not a mob. Bring the mob to your acreage and keep them there.

bcs123

Aug 15, 2006
missouri
Detector(s) used
mxt
jhettel said:
why don't you just blab all the good spots around. I have lots of private spots in your area and you are blabbing it all over the internet. Next thing I know I will be kicked out. You need to learn what treasure hunting is all about. It's alright to bring a few people, but not a mob. Bring the mob to your acreage and keep them there.

poor form man..

there not your spots. i know allot of spots in this area and i take anyone that wants to come down its about the hunt and the people not getting rich of a good find... (although that is a possibility)

anyone who has any kind of searching skills can find the spots some faster than others.. and i would bet that i have more "spots " in st louis than you do but i dont keep them to myself i let my friends in that area know

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bcs123 said:
jhettel said:
poor form man..

there not your spots. i know allot of spots in this area and i take anyone that wants to come down its about the hunt and the people not getting rich of a good find... (although that is a possibility)

anyone who has any kind of searching skills can find the spots some faster than others.. and i would bet that i have more "spots " in st louis than you do but i dont keep them to myself i let my friends in that area know

I'm with BCS on this one. I mean, if it's jhettel's private property (or property he's secured hunting rights to), then fine. But what harm is it to get out and go hunting with others? It's not like you'll ever, in your lifetime, be able to swing your coil over all that land. I, myself, get pretty stoked when I see other's find great finds (that's what brought me to T-Net & THing in the first place)... sure, we all want that find of a lifetime... but what's the fun in it if we keep it all to ourselves? It's history that we're able to hold in our hands... and that shouldn't belong to anyone except the finder(s) of it.

Bran <><

MOMXT

Tenderfoot
Jun 16, 2005
S.W. Missouri
[i]"I have lots of private spots in your area and you are blabbing it all over the internet."[/i]
Well if there private then what are you worried about?

"Next thing I know I will be kicked out. You need to learn what treasure hunting is all about."
Seems you need to "Learn" what treasure huntung is about.

Horn

Greenie
Feb 18, 2009
Buffalo Mo
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Toltec II
Yea, i think me and a friend or two might be interested in coming up there too, i'm not too far away, mabey 2 hours tops. Keep up the posts.

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Are you suggesting a hunt similiar to the LBH,CTH(tnet member hunts thread)?If you are,then you should plan on about 50 hunters and 75 people or more.and start the planning now with a definite date.I would suggest during the Easter break so school is out.Will the grass be short enough to detect?If this is the type of hunt you want then I would contact the 'Rowdy Bunch' from those other hunts and ask for help.If it is just a guy thing,then you probably don't need any help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread