Barry County Treasure Cave

MoTwister

Apr 27, 2007
Joplin, MO
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Turbo, Fisher 1280-X, Aquapulse.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Except some people swear that there aren't any silver mines around here... they were all lead mines mistaken for silver.
Maybe the Spanish made lead bars and were transporting that?? ::) :D

Bran <><

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
silver and lead co-mingel in their natural state. gold is often a biproduct of these lead mines here in good ole Misery! the St. Joe lead mine in SE mo back in the 1930s was getting gold(and still is) from the 2000 foot level of their mine.if you look up certain mines youll see that they have a list of the most common minerals they get (1,2,3,4) even in the iron mines theyre getting gold. it maybe the 3rd or 4th common mineral but they AINT throwing it away! the yalso dont talk about what else theyre finding.my wifes family worked/lives down there.most of them are retired now.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
kind of makes me wonder about my hometown. Granby, Mo. "Oldest Zinc and Lead Mining Town in the Southwest", (says so on our water tower) :tongue3:...Founded in 1850. lots of history here. Most of the mines never went below 100 feet...kinda makes you wonder if the gold is a little lower.

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lairmo said:
kind of makes me wonder about my hometown. Granby, Mo. "Oldest Zinc and Lead Mining Town in the Southwest", (says so on our water tower) :tongue3:...Founded in 1850. lots of history here. Most of the mines never went below 100 feet...kinda makes you wonder if the gold is a little lower.
You lived in a town full of history...I know of guys who have found lead ingots detecting around Granby....Have you had any luck there?...Steve

P

pippinwhitepaws

Granby, Mo. "Oldest Zinc and Lead Mining Town in the Southwest"

wrong side of the rockies to be the southwest.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
pippinwhitepaws said:
Granby, Mo. "Oldest Zinc and Lead Mining Town in the Southwest"

wrong side of the rockies to be the southwest.

Well, this was the southwest before that was America...LOL

quote:You lived in a town full of history...I know of guys who have found lead ingots detecting around Granby....Have you had any luck there?...Steve

Lot's of lead that's for sure...Found a CW campsite by accident a few years back..some of the finds are posted in MY BEST FINDS under Pre/post Civil War Camp

rsting

Feb 9, 2010
granby, mo.
Detector(s) used
fisher 1266x
Hi, I just joined up here, and I also live in Granby! I know this is an old post, but if you're still around, maybe we can compare notes, or hunt together sometime.
Russ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread