looking a new md partner

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
looks like 52 pennies has fell off of the face of the earth have not seen him or heard from him in 2 months any body in andrew buchanan , platte, counties looking for a md hunting partner i am all gear up and not a whole lot of places to go got $1,500.00 worth of gear and not much to do with it. some one give me a holler i am about to throw everything i have found back outside so i can find something with my machinesmy yard and the field next door is empty it is in my house or the junk yard.

history_buff

Feb 10, 2008
sw missouri
Detector(s) used
whites spectrum and fisher f5
Got a better idea possum how bout you throw"em in my yard! ;D Wish I were closer Id go with you hope you find somebody ;D

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP, I'd gladly hunt with ya' if I still lived up that way! :thumbsup:

Bran <><

history_buff

Feb 10, 2008
sw missouri
Detector(s) used
Bran.....I dont know you dude but I like ya...Know some mighty fine fellas that didnt graduate high school.Had to quit to work the farm or go to work....I Have known a few stuffed shirts came down here to the hills thinkin they would make a killing off the hillbillies that ended up broke and had to sell their pocket knives for enough to get home on.Found out all education doesnt come from schools...Who knows?I bet Ol Possums the kind might actually stop on the road to help a fellow in need. :read2: :notworthy:

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
history_buff said:
Bran.....I dont know you dude but I like ya...Know some mighty fine fellas that didnt graduate high school.Had to quit to work the farm or go to work....I Have known a few stuffed shirts came down here to the hills thinkin they would make a killing off the hillbillies that ended up broke and had to sell their pocket knives for enough to get home on.Found out all education doesnt come from schools...Who knows?I bet Ol Possums the kind might actually stop on the road to help a fellow in need. :read2: :notworthy:

Yeah, he sure is... I had the privilege of speaking with him on the phone the week before I moved from Springfield, MO back here to Saint Petersburg, FL... and he's a right nice guy! I guess living up there for 6 years, and really studying the history of the Ozarks and the people that lived there... I just got a real respect for country folk and all those people throughout the hollows of the Ozarks.
It's such a history-rich state, and I really kinda miss it. And I'm bettin' if someone were in need, he sure would stop to help 'em.

Bran <><

history_buff

Feb 10, 2008
sw missouri
Detector(s) used
Bran...A lot of the old timers are now gone.I miss a lot of them.My wifes grandpa died at 93 acumulated a sizeable fortune and many acres of land off a 6th grade education.My own daddy was a old time fiddler that played many a set in a square dance.Ive played music on a old martin guitar on lots of porches with a lot of these old uneducated boys...When it came down to a tight spot Id a whole lot rather depend on any of them as someone who thumbs their nose at them .My Dad died when I was 3 yrs old.I quit school in my senior year to go to work because My mother had a crippling illness and she was caught between old age social security and us boys social security that she lost when we turned 18.I later completed my GED and went on to technical school but I can sure understand those that didnt have the opportunity...Good detecting country down there where you are.I lived down in west palm beach for a couple years. HB ;D

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
history_buff said:
Bran...A lot of the old timers are now gone.I miss a lot of them.My wifes grandpa died at 93 acumulated a sizeable fortune and many acres of land off a 6th grade education.My own daddy was a old time fiddler that played many a set in a square dance.Ive played music on a old martin guitar on lots of porches with a lot of these old uneducated boys...When it came down to a tight spot Id a whole lot rather depend on any of them as someone who thumbs their nose at them .My Dad died when I was 3 yrs old.I quit school in my senior year to go to work because My mother had a crippling illness and she was caught between old age social security and us boys social security that she lost when we turned 18.I later completed my GED and went on to technical school but I can sure understand those that didnt have the opportunity...Good detecting country down there where you are.I lived down in west palm beach for a couple years. HB ;D

Yep, I feel ya' HB... and those folks up there are some of the greatest & nicest people I've met.
And we do have some good places to detect down here, but I miss the history of Missouri.
It's just hard to find historical places down here that hasn't already been built over. But with lots of research, it's still possible....

Bran <><

history_buff

Feb 10, 2008
sw missouri
Detector(s) used
Bran...I know.Ive ran onto places here out in the woods old foundation stones and stuff that nobody knows what they were.Beyond anybodys memory....But the beach when we are in the throes of wintertime. :wink: not to mention everytime you have a storm its like new territory.I found some good coins there on the beach in North Palm.I was too new at it to dig much jewelry didnt dig enough pull tabs.But hey Im home.Ive rambled around enough to know where I belong...I am about 75 miles east and a little south of springfield.About 15 miles from the Arkansas line ...............HB

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
history_buff said:
Bran...I know.Ive ran onto places here out in the woods old foundation stones and stuff that nobody knows what they were.Beyond anybodys memory....But the beach when we are in the throes of wintertime. :wink: not to mention everytime you have a storm its like new territory.I found some good coins there on the beach in North Palm.I was too new at it to dig much jewelry didnt dig enough pull tabs.But hey Im home.Ive rambled around enough to know where I belong...I am about 75 miles east and a little south of springfield.About 15 miles from the Arkansas line ...............HB

That's awesome! I'd be hitting up those foundations as much as possible...
Yeah, the beaches can be fun sometimes. But I need a healthy balance of relics in my MDing diet! lol
Well hey, if I come up that way to visit my friends up there, maybe we can do some detecting together. :)

Bran <><

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
history_buff said:
Bran....Sure thing let me know in advance sometime and we"ll plan up something....HB :thumbsup:

Sure thing, friend... :wink:

Bran <><

OP
OP
olepossum

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
well thank you fellas yes i would stop and help a fella out i was brought up that way but sometimes these days you gotta make sure the safety is off when you get out to help but i would be more than happy to give a person 5 bucks to get to the truck stop for some gogo juice

history_buff

Feb 10, 2008
sw missouri
Detector(s) used
OP....Know what you mean about the safety off.But at the same time I was making a point about if you cant make a simple mispelling without getting your head kicked off then you sure couldnt expect someone like that being a decent person....I happen to know you make the mispellings as a statement anyway you can probably spell as good as the next man. :laughing7:.......HB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions