OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
midwestmike,
I should have mentioned that this occurred on January 5th, 2006 at around 2am or 3am. I was on my way down to Texas with my friend to attend my brother's wedding on the 7th. Anyway, that's kinda strange because it's been years since the articles were written and those accounts had happened. I'm still not surprised that the object is still hanging around. I've been keeping my eye out ever since. There was one other time that I saw an object up in the sky, but the time before (the first time I've ever seen something like that) the object was actually WAY up in the sky and looked like a star... except it was moving in patterns that would be impossible, aerodynamically, for any modern aircraft could maneuver. I watched it move in circles and jerking movements back & forth and up & down... all while moving across the whole sky and through the Big Dipper, until I finally saw it go past edge of the skyline. Weird stuff. Anyway, if you could let me know which issue of PopSci the article about the object is in, that'd be great. Thanks again....

Bran <><

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
not about ufos but my only experience with homeland security....while in florida doing disaster recovery in 04 we were drying out and reconstructing an apartment complex that had been hit by one of the hurricanes....i had to check all equipment each evening before leaving and each morning on arrival...we had dryers and dehumidifiers set up everywhere...this one fellow, in the last building checked one night had the standard military look to him, matching haircut and strong build, and carried himself with an air of authority...his voice seemed russian or something along that line...anyway i checked his place around 7-8 in the evening..nothing looked amiss, he was coming in from washing clothes..when i went back the next morning there was a paper taped to the door that said more or less if there was any questions to contact homeland security.....i opened the door after there was no answer to my knocks....the apartment was completly empty besides our equipment...not even a peice of paper/trash/nothing...and this dude had some stuff too...when i was there the previous evening there was no signs of packing....so, i guess if you are ever in a big hurry to move you need to call them as they are alot quicker than two men and a truck..bad thing is it probably costed the taxpayers about $300,000.00 to move him in such a hurry................gldhntr

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting story, indeed! I'm from Florida... go FLORIDA! ;D

Bran <><

Boilermaker27

Oct 16, 2003
St. Louis
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon/Minelab Safari/Minelab Excalibur2
I would rather read about Missouri treasure hunting and those kinds of discussions than some far fetched story that has nothing to do with this forum

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, with all due respect jhettel... this is a "General Discussion" forum for Missouri. There isn't a promise that it will all be THing, though I hope most of it will. This is just something off subject from what I normally post. I understand that it's far fetched, and I hardly expect anyone to believe it... but in direct response to your post, if you'd like some good reading, I suggest you read these three books; Lost & Buried Treasure of the Missouri River by Netha Bell, Buried Treasures of the Ozarks by W.C. Jameson, and Jesse James and the First Missouri Train Robbery by Ronald H. Beights. All of them have very good info and stories of treasure in Missouri, and you can purchase them all at Barnes & Noble.
Have a good one.... ;D

Bran <><

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep an open mind about such things. I work for the MO-AVCRAD SHOP, ( MISSOURI AVIATION CLASSIFICATION AND REPAIR ACTIVITY DEPOT) which is located here at the Springfield Branson Regional Airport. I am part of the military. Although I am only a Staff Seargeant whatever you saw out here was KEPT FROM US. I have worked here since 1996 and have never even heard such as a whisper about the place that you came upon. It must of been built here overnight and left here the sameway. If you could give me some directions I would like to check it out for myself. Thank-you for sharing your story.....Steve

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stevesno,
I'd bet anything that you know/knew Brian Letourneau. He used to work down there cleaning the personal jets and planes, then he switched over to Avis and I think my other friend Shawn Petrie took his place for some time. I'm not even sure if Shawn is still there or not. Anyway, if you'd like to go down there sometime, let me know. I can only go from the directions that my friend gave me. But I used to take my 4-Runner off-roading a little bit over there on occasion, so I kinda know where he was talking about. But if you want to go, I wouldn't mind taking a drive out there. I know it's back there... I was almost thinking of checking some Sat images to see if they even allow it to show up there. I need to get a good GPS so I can lock the coordinates if I ever go down there. Since it was only second semester of last year, I'm pretty sure it's still out there. I'm not sure of the exact name of the road ('cause I'm from Florida and we have numbered streets), but I know it's pretty close to the airport and is right off of Kearney, by some of the large corporation buildings, in that general direction. Again, let me know if you want to check it out....

Bran <><

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bran,
You bet I would be up for a little adventure. I am pretty familiar with this area and I just don't know where it could be. Also maybe we could get in a little detecting...Steve

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve,
Alright, well let me know... I've got my Finals coming up in a couple of weeks (as well as my work schedule), then I'll be heading back to Florida for 2 1/2 weeks... but I'll be returning again for the remainder of my Christmas Break for work. I don't have a detector myself, but I'd be all for giving you a hand if you wanna detect anywhere around here! :)

Bran <><

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bran, Why don't you e-mail me when you get back from Xmas break. I have a spare detector that you can use......Steve

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve,
Alright, I'll definitely do that when I come back! Do you know any good places around here to detect? I used to think the old Albino Farm would have been a good place to just check around, but it's blocked off now and the people that live around it are jerks. Maybe some of the parks or other places that might have had old homes or farms on the property?

Bran <><

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bran,
The old albino farm has possibilities, but it is owned by some out of towners who do not allow trespassing. I don't have any "VIRGIN AREAS" but I'm sure that we can get permission to get into an old house or two...enjoy the holidays...Steve

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve,
Yeah, I thought I'd suggest it because I've been over there exploring around and having fun with friends on the Albino Farm property a LOT over the years!!! In fact, my brother and I used to go out there with some other friends and go 4-Wheeling/Mudding... until they blocked all the entrances by huge boulders. It would definitely be fun to go elsewhere though and find some old places... maybe even try to find some Civil War sites. I know Carthage was a battleground, though it's close to an hour away. I'm aware I've never detected before, but I do have numerous different documents for detecting on properties if you think they'd be useful. It may be best to just stick with verbal agreements though, unless the area/property shows promise. Another thing, have you ever heard about the Spanish silver over in the Noble Hill area? Just wondering.
Hope you have a good Holiday as well!

Bran <><

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bran,
I'm not sure where Noble Hill is. There are several stories around here about lost Spanish treasure. I am not one to waste a lot of time persuing a cache until I have done as much homework as I can. Time is valuable, I believe that most houses that have been around since the turn of the century have some cubby hole stash still in or around them. It's just a numbers game, get permission to hunt the right period homes and eventually it will pay off....Steve

Itsmy6

Feb 14, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know this thread is 2 months old but may i suggest using something like google maps to try to find the area.

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good call, Itsmy6...

Bran <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Stevesno,
I'm back on... hope you get my message I sent to your e-mail and your account on here. ttyl

Brandon <><

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[video=google;-6483818398061077731]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6483818398061077731&hl=en[/video]

OP
OP
godisnum1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jhettel said:
be a good boy and go away and don't come back

Come again? I must've misunderstood your random comment... :icon_scratch:

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread